Post your best tip

I have gotten a few really simple, but great tips this year from fellow fisherman. After hearing them you smack your head, and say; how simple is that. I would like to see some tips from the old pros, for all the guys that are new to this.

I have a few of my own, but the most productive one was;

When you have a hot setup, duplicate it as much as you can.

Don't leave fish to find fish. I am guilty of this at times when mediocre fishing is hapening don't pull unless you have a reliable report. If you found fish stay there find what they want and give them a lot of it. This has put many of fish in my boat over the years. The water is not always greener over there...

Get out with as many seasoned vets as possible and see how each person does things. Each person does things different, so see what fits ur ways and u feel confident in. Then make it your program. Dont be afraid to experiment and leave the pack to open seas. Remember any day on the water beats a day at work;) Keep on truckin'!

Don't chase other peoples programs. And keep your program as simple as possible.

A half hitched rubber band on your main line makes a good stacker.

One fish is a fluke.....two fish is a pattern.

Don't listen to where Nailer tells ya to go on Muskegon Lake. He is probably lying....:D

Not an OLD pro buuuut, My best tip would also be "Find out what they want and give em lots of it"

Some others "Where there is baitfish big fish are not far", "Just because it glows does not mean it wont work during the day"

KISS principle if you find a pattern get everything you have that is similar down there. (If your full cores are getting his with a plug then set a couple of riggers with plugs at 45 to 50' dn and get a couple of divers in the same area with a plug or flasher) in other words get all your stuff in the strike zone as soon as you find a pattern.

The biggest thing with netting fish in 1 shot... Don't try to net the fish untill u know u can get him in 1 try. If u miss get the away from the fish to stop the hooks from getting caught in the net. If they do get caught stay calm and think about what u need to do boat the fish. Use your head and some of the tips here and u will boat more fish

Sharpen every hook before it goes into the water. I have a Lansky hook sharpener in the boat and use it every day. I am amazed at how dull new hooks are on spoons and flies right out of the package. Our catch rate went way up since we sharpen hooks.

Sharpen every hook before it goes into the water. I have a Lansky hook sharpener in the boat and use it every day. I am amazed at how dull new hooks are on spoons and flies right out of the package. Our catch rate went way up since we sharpen hooks.

This is huge the hooks that come on lures aren't necessarily sharp right out of the package.

Find your own fish. Fish away from the pack. Just because their are 100 boats fishing in one spot doesn't mean that's the best fishing. If each boat catches 10 fish that means their has to be 1000 fish below you, if your are the only one there there only has to be 100 fish below you and you should do better than everyone else. Fish your own program, not what you heard was working at the dock.

This is pretty straight forward but remember not to horse fish in! Its easy to get excited and want to get the fish in the boat fast. Keep the rod tip high and let him run!

Of all I've seen. This is the one that is tops on my list:o