Cuddeback Trail Cam

GLF

After seeing those two big bucks in the yard in the middle of July, I decided to put my Cuddeback trail cam out. After a few weeks of it being out, I grabbed the flash card out of it to see whats been around.

Out of the 21 pictures that was on it, only one turned out. The one that turned out was a picture with nothing on it. The other 20 images were solid white with the date stamp on them, taken at all different times of the day/night. :( I got a couple of images like that last year, now all of them are this way. :mad:

Something is a miss with my trail cam and I am not sure whats wrong with it. :confused: Any ideas??????

Thats tough! I would try calling Cuddeback and see what there suggestions are. I think I have about had it with store bought cams and this winter I am going to go to work making quite a few homebrews or at least try. If you do a google search for homebrew trail cams a lot comes up. I know that doesnt help your problem but they look like something fun to try. Good luck with getting your cam fixed.

I brought my cuddeback cam back inside today so I can take a look at it. Unfortunately the camera part is sealed, and can not be accessed.

On another note....It had 11 pictures on it. The first one was all white, and it took 10 others. :confused:

This is a picture of a garbage truck going up the road. Note.....the camera is over 450' from the road. Maybe the garbage truck spooked something that ran in front of the camera and triggered it.

cdy_0010.jpg

The tree between the garbage truck and the camera in the middle of my yard is a giant sequoia. Its not GIANT yet, but give it a few hundred years! :D

Definitely looks over exposed. Is it directly facing the sun?

My moultrie gives me whited out pics sometimes. If its at night on infrared and the deer are too close to the cam the pics will be very white. Sometimes so bad you can't tell whats in the picture. The other thing is if its directly facing the sun that messes it up too.

If it's facing the sun at given times of the day you will get white washed pics. You may even get false triggers caused by the sun. I learned this the hard way when I first employed some trail cams. Place it in a shaded area that stays that way throughout the day and see if it helps Mike.

Chris