What happened to diesel dan

otter

He did not blow up or do a "Archie Bunker" rant. He voiced his opinion.

By attacking everyone who did not agree with him that is not voicing a opinion. Perhaps you did not read what he posted since a lot of his posts were removed. He blew up at me, when I called him on it he sent me a PM saying he was sorry and a hour later went off on me again and was quote calling me out like he was some gunfighter or something. Then he went into the WAAAY everyone is picking on me mood from there he pretty much called most every on the site dirty names. I had a difference of opinion with him he wanted to make it personal.

We all have a right to our opinions you don't have to agree with what I think or say nor do I have to agree with you. However neither of us has the right to threaten or harass anyone. Mike was right to delete his posts he was vulgar and we have young people who visit this site. There are a bunch of us here and there are very few things we all agree on, that is fine. I would assume we all agree we like to fish but the how when where and why is different for each of us, as is the gear we use. What works for you and what is important to you may not be for me and vise versa. Trading ideas and sharing info is what the site is about the fact that we have a bunch of guys who differ in opinions makes for a interesting mix. Would you come here if all we were allowed to talk about was sponsor gear and if you used something different you were called names and harassed? Mike has to maintain a standard that allows us to be us and him to be him. As long as we stay within the lines and treat each other fairly it will work.

Edited by Nailer

There is a ZERO tolerance for flaming here.

This question could have been taken care of in a private message to me instead of being posted on the website. All it did was rekindle in old flame. I have reviewed all of the posts by otter, and all of them have been jabs at Dan but one. I actually deleted one of them. I spoke with Dan about this when I saw the first post, and he said he knew Bruce, so I figured everything was good, and they were innocent remarks.

I have been running vBulletin discussion style websites for 10 years. I created this website and opened it in January of 2006. I still read 99% of the posts that are made here every day. You quickly learn about the people on websites by reading the posts. You can tell alot about the character of a person by the content of their posts. You can tell who the bs'ers are, who knows what they are talking about, and which ones are problems.

I am a member on most of the other fishing websites out there. Very rarely do I visit any of the other websites. Why dont I visit those other websites? I do not care for the bitching/pissing/moaning that happens on them.

Everyone has a different way of handling confrontation. Some are better than others at dealing with it. Some walk away, and others are like vultures waiting on a road kill. When someone gets backed into a corner, they are going to fire back.

We need to look at ourselves in the mirror before we criticize others. Everyone has a different way of viewing things. To some, the glass is half empty, and to others, its half full.

Innocent remarks can be taken the wrong way. Especially on the internet because you can not tell if someone is joking or not. Look at the content of whats been posted here, and tell me what good it has done. Maybe others should take their ball and leave also.

Mike

that is my new fav quote HAHAHAHAH

If you are not happy with the way things are ran here, then move on to another website. Jay was not taking me serious, so I packed his ball up for him.

I suppose you could just ban us all and end any chance of seeing anything you don't like.

There are a 1/2 dozen members or so that could leave and it would not hurt my feelings in the least bit. I am not holding a gun to anyones head forcing them to stay. If someone does not like the way I run this website, than they should move on to another.

Life sucks, fishing doesn't. Can't we all just get along and take a little razzing? I'd like to meet you all someday and I'll bet the farm we don't all agree on what is funny and what is not!

Let's fish and not worry about how much it costs us! Is that what it is all about?

There are a 1/2 dozen members or so that could leave and it would not hurt my feelings in the least bit. I am not holding a gun to anyones head forcing them to stay. If someone does not like the way I run this website, than they should move on to another.

I would imagine I am on that list most days however I also have been a supporting member for years and we don't always have to agree to coexist. I don't call people names or harass anyone I try to stay within site rules and decorum I am not interested in a free for all site nor am I interested in one run so tightly no one bothers to post on it anymore. You know as well as I that there will always be issues that people differ on you can't get this many members without opposing viewpoints. Heck if you cut the membership down to 5 or 6 you would still get issues. So if you have a hit list why don't you just publish it so those who are unwanted know who they are and can just leave. You brought it up I'm just voting on it if you want me and others to leave say so. I banned myself from Educated Angler I can leave here as well if that is what you want.

I walked away from this thread for a day and thought more about it. After being away for a day, I still see no humor in any post in this thread. To make fun of someone who does not handle themselves well under pressure is wrong. Making fun of anyone is wrong. This to me is the same as making fun of someone who is terminally ill, mentally challenged, or physically challenged. I read all of the other posts before they were removed. There was a whole lot of wrong by a bunch of people in those posts. It does not take long for the snow ball to get out of control. If you or anyone else needs to get their kicks by making fun of others, then you/they should move on, because I do not want those kind of members here.

I think I summed it up pretty well in this post.

There is a ZERO tolerance for flaming here.

This question could have been taken care of in a private message to me instead of being posted on the website. All it did was rekindle in old flame. I have reviewed all of the posts by otter, and all of them have been jabs at Dan but one. I actually deleted one of them. I spoke with Dan about this when I saw the first post, and he said he knew Bruce, so I figured everything was good, and they were innocent remarks.

I have been running vBulletin discussion style websites for 10 years. I created this website and opened it in January of 2006. I still read 99% of the posts that are made here every day. You quickly learn about the people on websites by reading the posts. You can tell alot about the character of a person by the content of their posts. You can tell who the bs'ers are, who knows what they are talking about, and which ones are problems.

I am a member on most of the other fishing websites out there. Very rarely do I visit any of the other websites. Why dont I visit those other websites? I do not care for the bitching/pissing/moaning that happens on them.

Everyone has a different way of handling confrontation. Some are better than others at dealing with it. Some walk away, and others are like vultures waiting on a road kill. When someone gets backed into a corner, they are going to fire back.

We need to look at ourselves in the mirror before we criticize others. Everyone has a different way of viewing things. To some, the glass is half empty, and to others, its half full.

Innocent remarks can be taken the wrong way. Especially on the internet because you can not tell if someone is joking or not. Look at the content of whats been posted here, and tell me what good it has done. Maybe others should take their ball and leave also.

Mike

I would imagine I am on that list most days however I also have been a supporting member for years and we don't always have to agree to coexist. I don't call people names or harass anyone I try to stay within site rules and decorum I am not interested in a free for all site nor am I interested in one run so tightly no one bothers to post on it anymore. You know as well as I that there will always be issues that people differ on you can't get this many members without opposing viewpoints. Heck if you cut the membership down to 5 or 6 you would still get issues. So if you have a hit list why don't you just publish it so those who are unwanted know who they are and can just leave. You brought it up I'm just voting on it if you want me and others to leave say so. I banned myself from Educated Angler I can leave here as well if that is what you want.

I removed the reoccuring charge that you selected for the supporting membership from your account, so it will not be billed again.

I believe it is in the best interest of this website that those who think the contents of this post are funny move on.