Tom (TLTorrice) and I took my daughter Taylor out Sunday straight out from the port. we set up in 400 fow and trolled with the 3-5 foot waves toward shore. Fishing has been tough in Manistee due to all of the warm water so we declared it "meat day" and ran all meat rigs just to see what would happen. We found 45 degree water down at about 120fow and set one rigger there and the other at 100. wires out to 230 and 270, and 2 lead core 10 colors. The first fish came on the deep rigger and Taylor muscled in a 17.1 1lber.

That fish came on a green hoochie pulling a green meat rig.

2010_043.jpg

the second fish came on the 270 wire pulling a NBK spin doctor with a green meat rig. That fish was 10 lbs

2010_046.jpg

Third fish came on the deep rigger while setting it and was a throw back. The waves were building and we were thinking of calling it a day but Taylor said we were wimps and shamed us into making one last run.

We ran out to 450 fow and picked up a 9 lber when I dropped the deep rigger from 110 to 125. Tom and I noticed we were now looking up at the waves while standing on the back of the boat and called it a day at 330pm. Taylor reeled in all of the fish going 4 for 4 and we all had a blast.

2010_047.jpg