Harbor Beach Fishing Good

Last Thursday we took 6 steelies and lost that many, 1 coho, and 2 pinks.

(3) 3 colors of lead (2) 10 colors and (1) 300 copper with stinger spoons in the natural born killer, yellow jacket, and gold orange crack, and silver streak jerry lee.

Sunday Morning we took 2 steelies, 2 laker trout, and 4 walleye basically all on the same setups mentioned above. Working 95-125 f.ow. 6 miles north of Harbor Beach.

TD

Thanks for the report. AB you're right. Slowly but surely we're starting to see a few more reports, with better catches. Hope this is a sign of things to come. When you're at the bottom there's only one way to go:grin:

Lake Huron has really slid mostly for kings, everything else has been fair. You get a crazy mixed bag up in the northern basin(everything, often on the same trip) and walleyes, lakers, steelhead in the southern basin. There's been a few guys who've stuck it out, and have did well as they've adapted to the new Lake Huron. Lake Huron's alewife/salmon crash really showed who the "fisherman" were; as soon as the easy fishing was gone, so were 95% of the people. Unfortunanetly, Lake Michigan will fall as well, despite what everyone over here thinks.

well now that i am 24 years old and figure that the crash happened some 7 -8 years ago i had to stick around, i caught the tail end of some spectacular salmon fishing on lake huron, nothing comparable to what some guys refer to the old days, but i remember 1 hour salmon limit charters, i remember trying to lift a cooler with 18 kings out of a boat and breaking the handles on the cooler. your not going to get me to quit fishing. like the the lake has evolved so have I and so have my tactics. Tonight I ran 10 rods and no down riggers. go figure right? it is fun going out and taking people fishing who ask what are we fishing for and I always resppond whatever bites today. You just never know from the few salmon we have to the plentful lake trout and everything in between.

TD