Went back out again with Steve left the dock at 5:30 and headed sw to work some of the same area as we were in last night. We were just about out to 90ft when a radio call came thru that a guy was broke down in 105ft to the north. So I asked for his position and turned that way kinda hoping one of the closer boats would go get him. We passed a Starcraft in 96ft and noticed it was not moving so radioed the guy back and it was him so we turned back to tow him in. I made a towing bridle out of one of my docking lines and towed him back to Harbortown Marina where he said he would get a ride back to his truck so we didn't have to tow him all the way to Fishermens Landing. Left the Channel a second time around 7:00 and no longer had the run time to get where I planned on being so we headed straight out to 80ft dropped lines and trolled out front ended 2 for 4 both small kings. Ace Hi plug on a 300 copper and Moonshine double trouble on a rigger. Was kinda hopefull for a Karma bite for towing the boat in but maybe the Karma comes later LOL. He said he would send me some gas money which would be cool but at least now I have one more guy who owes me a tow LOL. Will probably be out at least a time or 2 mid week there is so much bait out front right now it is hard to beleive. Might have to bring my perch rods and see what it is but it is a mass of small fish 40 to 60 down in 110 to 140ft.

That's great Jim.

There is a ton of bait and fish to the North.

We fishes from the West buoy of the first net to the North, staying inside the East buoy of all the other nets to the North(85-95 fow). Flashers/flys on the bottom.

Well done Jim, thats what a fisherman is supposed to do but we often let our selfish get er done fishin get in the way of helping out a brother in need. I had the pleasure of meeting Jim at the seminar in Walker this spring and he can definitely get er done on the fishies.

Thanks guys I have never not answered a distress call I have been too far away to do any good but will always answer if I hear a boat in trouble. I have to say I was amazed at how hard that Starcraft pulled it took forever to make the 4 or so miles back to the pierhead at 8mph and 2400 rpm, normally I am on plane at 2400 at around 20mph. We also had somebody in a sailboat playing chicken with us in the dark while we were fishing he barely missed us than turned and circled us so we pulled lines and called it a night. It was a expensive night for 2 fish probably burned 35 to 40 gallons of gas.