Wed Tough Fishing But a GR8 trip just the same.

Wednesday Sea Mac, Something Fishy, Zach, and Tyler fished with me on the bay. Zach and Tyler both caught a couple of real nice first ever walleye. These two youngsters are the best kids to have onboard. I had a good time even though the fish didn't cooperate. We took just the two eyes and two steelhead all on bouncers and meat. I should have probably targeted steel and hoped for some bonus walleye.:lol: Where we fished there were tons of bait fish. I think the fish were gorged. Another thing that worked against us was the dead calm conditions. These calm conditions made it ideal for being out there with the kids, but the walleye went into lockjaw mode. Fishing has been hit and miss lately, but that is very typical for a hot Summer's August. The best part of the trip was to see Zach take a 2 hr nap (So Cute). Zach and Tyler never complained and seemed to enjoy their time on the water as much as I enjoyed having them aboard. Thanks Mike and John for all the help on the boat. Oh!!!!!! We did catch a few cats to give Tyler and Zach some reel time.

Some pics id like to share.

Here is Zack with his first Walleye

downsized_0811000919a.jpg

Then here is Zack doing his best "Wall-Eye" impression. :D

securedownload.jpg

downsized_0811001009a.jpg

Here is Tylers first Walleye

DSCN0797.jpg

Here is one of Tylers two Steelhead

DSCN0795.jpg

Thanks a bunch again Frank for getting me out on the bay!

Thanks a bunch again John, Tyler and Zack for another fun trip!

I hope it was cooler out there than on shore. YUCK!@!:eek:

Beats watching TV. Sounds like it's better off Harrisville and Black River than Da Bay. Good job though Mr. Frank.

Paul, It was hot out there but not near what it was onshore. I wish the bite was hotter. I'm seriously thinking about targeting them steelhead, and hoping for some bonus eyes. Put down some spoons and bump up the speed a tad.

Nice job Frank!! Gotta love taking new people out fishing especialy kids!! I take it you came out of your home port?:grin:

Scott

Scott we were one port North.:grin:

Mike, Thanks for your multitasking on the boat. Your phishing and photo skills were what made the trip a memory for those kids. You da best Mikey.:)

John, It will be tough for me to top this trip in terms of my pleasure on the water. If it does get topped it will be in June if I'm lucky enough to have you all aboard again.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Sure can't say enough about those pic but they do say it all. People think its easy out there catching fish. Well this young man is proof its a LOT of work but the smile shows its a ton of fun as well. Think of the memories made that day. :) Good job group! Nels:thumb: