Question for the Experts

This weekend I will finally be getting my boat out to fish for salmon. I think that I'm going to do the "shakedown" cruise on friday but planned on taking my girlfriend out saturday for her first time on the big lake. I just found out that I have to work friday night so my plan of having lines set at dawn is out the window. Here is my question: If you had to choose between fishing in the morning but not starting until around 8 a.m. or fishing in the evening which would you do? So far the wave report looks promising so that doesn't matter. It's her first time and I was hoping to put her on some fish to make it as enjoyable as possible. Thanks in advance for the input.:LemonIce: :Chernobyl: :OrangeCrush:

Fish On!

Nick

If it were me and am going to miss the am bite I would give an evening trip a try. The last hour of daylight is usually great and for an hour or so after dark can be good also. Just make sure you are ready as the sun hits the water, something about the sun setting drives them nuts.

Ok, I think this one is different than a normal trip.

I would surely rather be out early in the dark for a normal day on the water. The fact that this is a "shakedown" trip, go out in the light.

There are always a few things that dont go perfect on a first trip, much better to handle that in the light. You also have the fact of a couple rookies on board. This leaves you and you alone to handle issues, set rods, etc.

I would head out and have a go at it in the light. Your bound to get on a few which is all you need to get the juices going in a couple rookies.

Best of luck,

Dave

Paulywood,

Let me know where you are going. I am planning on fishing at Muskegon and putting in at Snug Harbor. I will be on channel 68.

Caznik

we will be fishing out of snug harbor also if he water cooperates.Either in JTBOAT OR Fishslayer give me a jingle on 68 or 74

Well, it looks like the waves made my decision for me. Looks like its supposed to be rougher in the afternoon so I made a deal that lets me get out of work at 3 am. Caz, I think that we're just going to fish out of Holland because it's fast and easy to get to. That way if something doesn't work out we're close to home. I will also be fishing sunday and we might run up to Muskegon then. I'll post a report when we get back.

Nick

No way am I taking my woman out fishing with me. I make her stay home and do the dishes, laundry and clean the house. When I get home I have her wash my boat and trailer and clean my fish while im on my butt drinking a beer after a great day on the lake. I like to show her who the boss is. But what I do sometimes for her is, take all my CAZNIK GLOW FLIES and hang them all over the bedroom and with some beer. I give her a romantic night with the Caznik and Id be yelling Cazattack.

Caznik :lol:

No way am I taking my woman out fishing with me. I make her stay home and do the dishes, laundry and clean the house. When I get home I have her wash my boat and trailer and clean my fish while im on my butt drinking a beer after a great day on the lake. I like to show her who the boss is. But what I do sometimes for her is, take all my CAZNIK GLOW FLIES and hang them all over the bedroom and with some beer. I give her a romantic night with the Caznik and Id be yelling Cazattack.

425237.gif

425238.gif

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Hmmmm,

A. This should have been in the Tallest Tales Contest-instant winner

B. Mailing this quote to the same address I mailed my Dreamweaver Money....... Made out to the Mrs.

C. To be Continued..........