Made it out Saturday morning, but not for long. One passenger on board got green really fast and after two prompts of do you wanna go in and getting the response no both times i made the call when it happened the third time. No sense in being that miserable out there. The dry heaves are just aweful. He ended up being down for the count all day long in the air at the hotel. Was really suprising as he fishes the great lakes a ton. Just one of them things that could happen to any of us i suppose. Ended up going to Ponderosa for breakfast. They had a pretty good spread, ill be back again.:thumb:

Anyhow, had a real nice king hooked up on a high diver 215 back on a white dble crush glow SD w/Green Chaos fly. Lost it about 25' behind the boat. It was whipped after a great battle and just lay there thrashing around on the surface for about 2 minutes before finally going down. Wish i could swooped around and got it, but that wasnt happening. That was in 103' between Ludington and the Project. Didnt mark much for fish or bait down there.

Went back out for some reason in the PM and took a beating in the waves. Wanted to head north, but with the seas ran south a couple miles and set up on a down wind troll. Ended up picking up a steelhead on a 150 copper w/standard Yellowtail spoon in 113' before calling it quits. Just wasnt any fun in those conditions. Plus there were TONS of large logs/trees floating around out there. Dodged many and had one hit the bottom of the boat that i never seen even after striking it.:eek: Luckily no damage to the boat. Probably just a smaller limb i guess...thank god.

Woke up Sunday morning to more wind and just packed it in and headed for home around 8 am. Worst trip ever to the west side for me. Wish i could catch a break with the wind. 5 trips over this year and rough everytime. We'll get em next time.:thumb:

Sorry its not much of a report, but it is what it is. Thats fishin'.

Matt Mishler,

I seen the "Bob 'A' Long" parked in the lot on Saturday, but no truck??? Wanted to stop and finally shake your hand. Ill catch up with ya one of these days. Howd you guys fair with the fish?

Hopefully there's some smooth sailing seas in the near future Adam! You know what I would've said....it's layin down...the heavy stuff isn't coming for a while. We all know how that mother nature can be so mean. All that time and energy put into a trip and the conditions never presents itself "ideally" leaving many on shore wondering when will we be able to get out. Hope all is well....

Matt Mishler,

I seen the "Bob 'A' Long" parked in the lot on Saturday, but no truck??? Wanted to stop and finally shake your hand. Ill catch up with ya one of these days. Howd you guys fair with the fish?

yea we were down visting some friends at the marinas. We end 5 for 7 my report is around hear. But when u gonna be up next? im heading there wednesday.

Thanks guys.

yea we were down visting some friends at the marinas. We end 5 for 7 my report is around hear. But when u gonna be up next? im heading there wednesday.

Hey Matt,

Sorry for the late response. Been absolutely swamped at work and just havent had any time to get out fishing or online. Woulda went this weekend, but my Dad's in the UP fishing walleye. Looks like ill get some stuff done around here thats been neglected and then after work next week ill finally head back west. Cant wait to get over. Ill give you a jangle and see how your doing. Hope your turning the water red buddy.:thumb: