took buds chris,dave out of ps,set lines under clear ski at 630 in 70fow, washed baits for about an hr when it clouded up. hit first fish on wht/glo fish catcher and glo/grn fly off rigger at86 down in 95 fow.took second on1/2 core w 4 oz snap wt and 60 to board and stingray n.b.k.3rd fish on rigger,fish cthr/fly setup at 86,was fighting this one and full core with mag. flounder pounder goes,doulble landed. was draggin ace hi splatter bk grn/glo most of morning,changed out to small wndr brd tomic 50 back and set at 76 and this went after being down 10 min. for last salmon of morning.pulled lines about noon,took a sheepy on 1/2 core setup as we were pulling lines.had 2 4 yr olds at 14 lbs, 2 about 8lbs,1 about 5lbs,all kings.never tookn a dipsy hit even though tryed 125 to 225 back.fish taken between 80 to 100 fow w 85 to 95 best.not good enough w this unit to post pics.most fish had 2 to 4 ailwifes in stomach.big fun on the big lake.gotta dumb question:[bound to get a dumb ansewer]why is it when there is only 3 or 4 boats in general area does someone have to climb right behind you instead of cutting the wheel slightly to the side???oh well no eqiup.lost today,tite lines.

Nice job John! :thumb:

[bound to get a dumb ansewer]why is it when there is only 3 or 4 boats in general area does someone have to climb right behind you instead of cutting the wheel slightly to the side???oh well no eqiup.lost today,tite lines.

Must be a security thing or something...

I have been out when it was only one other boat and me out. I kept steering away, and they kept following me. I hooked up and landed a fish, and turned around to go back through the same area, and was pushed out of the way because they turned around to go back through the area I caught the fish.

Nice work.

People follow others catchign fish, even if they have caught a few.

I've actually gotten people (4 boats at a time) to turn around and go the other direction (to clear traffic) by talking on the radio.

I wasn't proud of it, but I was sick of the cluster.

Nice job on the fish!

I run a 33' Flybridge boat and I am CONTINUALLY amazed at the number of 16-17' boats that close in on me from NOWHERE! I have had other boats come so close to me I could spit in their boat from my bridge. One thing these guys should learn, if nothing else, is that TONNAGE RULES. I CANNOT turn my boat on a dime out there to avoid you. Its just like on the highway, if you are driving a compact car, you wouldn't think of cutting in front of a semi truck! :eek:

Good job John; Thanks for the info.

Somtimes I think there is a BIG X on my hard top, they get so close that I have told them that they a fish-on and then they tell me they have lead out, O-WELL I say I'll own it if I hook it with my wire dippsey, they usally turn away. its kinda funny....

One thing these guys should learn, if nothing else, is that TONNAGE RULES. I CANNOT turn my boat on a dime out there to avoid you. Its just like on the highway, if you are driving a compact car, you wouldn't think of cutting in front of a semi truck! :eek:

I have to humbly disagree with you on this. I can turn a 32 four winns just as tight as a 22 Islander. And if it's amount of lines out, I can run 15 on my 22. I know guys that run 12 rods off of 17 footers. So I would say courtesy rules more than tonnage rules;)

Nice job on the fish!:thumb:

As to your second point about unconsiderate anglers, they're everywhere. There is plenty of room out there for all of us, unfortunately it seems that people think that is good to fish the same area as someone else. Where, in fact, I have found it to be better fishing running water with nobody else around. We've all had those experiences with others and it does nothing more than make the blood boil. :mad: No brains, No headaches!

Agree with tgafish, at trolling speeds my 20'er's turn radius is similair to my 30'. At cruising speeds I believe the lesser should give way to the greater. But when trolling near shore everyone should be equal and respect the path of all boats no matter how big the other's boat ego is

most of the time its the driver is key on you as there are no land or lines on the water .i run an autopilot and am amaze how i can correct any form boat an they still manage to get close till you say something to them on the radio .it is easy for people on the lake to drive if the can watch something veres were they are on a gps

At cruising speeds the give way boat should give way to the boat that has right away, regardless of size.

I'm amazed that how many people push me around in my 14' just because it's a small boat. But then, I'm amazed how many people think I don't know what I'm doing as it's a small boat.

Good job john, I think that people have no manners just like don't on the highway. I just hold my coarse and make them turn with in reason, rule are rules and kind and curtious boaters will obey the rules unfortunately you and dealing with inexperienced and bad fisherman. With that said congratulations on the catch.