Another Beginners Question

GLF

Before for I even get on the water I know where I’m going. I check wind direction, water temps and fishing Reports online before I head to the launch. These things can tell you where to start heading once you leave port. Then once on the water and heading in the direction you want to start fishing I keep an eye on the water temp and if I see a drop or rise in temp I will drop line in the cold water side of a brake.

Well I take a bottle of Bud light with me. I stop the boat and drink all the beer out of it till its gone. I then take the bottle and put it on the floor of the boat and give it a good spin. Where ever the bottle points at that is where you go. As you are heading out to where ever the bottle had pointed for you. Look for seagulls, baitfish, and the right temp. Also look at the clouds,if you see a cloud that looks like a fish try it there. Now if the bottle points back to shore, the fish are not going to bite and you might as well go find a Hooters and go eat. Don't tell Sixshooter my secret.

Good luck fishing,

Caznik

I have a map of the lake on the wall at home and throw a dart at it. I enter the gps cordinates of where the dart hit and start there.

Just an FYI, do not throw the dart if you have been drinking. It is a long run to Wisconsin to start fishing :D

j/k

I have a map of the lake on the wall at home and throw a dart at it. I enter the gps cordinates of where the dart hit and start there.

Just an FYI, do not throw the dart if you have been drinking. It is a long run to Wisconsin to start fishing :D

j/k

Now that was funny.:D

I, for the most part, stick with what Steve said. I try and gain as much info I can before I even hit the water. But if I was to just pick a port and head out blind(so to speak:) ) I would be having my eyes glued to my electronics on the way out. I would be looking mostly for either baitfish or my target fish on the graph. Also, if I came across a temp break I would stop and try there for a while.

j/k

On a more serious note, I would look for the temperature break, and start there.

Caz for as many fish as you don't catch....This doesn't suprise me...I believe this is how you pick your fishing spots...and the days you do well is when you are following me around the lake...:P

Well I take a bottle of Bud light with me. I stop the boat and drink all the beer out of it till its gone. I then take the bottle and put it on the floor of the boat and give it a good spin. Where ever the bottle points at that is where you go. As you are heading out to where ever the bottle had pointed for you. Look for seagulls, baitfish, and the right temp. Also look at the clouds,if you see a cloud that looks like a fish try it there. Now if the bottle points back to shore, the fish are not going to bite and you might as well go find a Hooters and go eat. Don't tell Sixshooter my secret.

Good luck fishing,

Caznik

Good luck fishing,

Caznik

That's some funny stuff. :P

Look for seagulls, baitfish, and the right temp. Also look at the clouds,if you see a cloud that looks like a fish try it there. Now if the bottle points back to shore, the fish are not going to bite and you might as well go find a Hooters and go eat. Don't tell Sixshooter my secret.

Good luck fishing,

Caznik

Thats the answer I was looking for. Thanks Rich!