The weather was questionable(wondering if there was going to be lightning) this morning, so we dragged our feet a little bit heading out this morning. Finally started setting lines at 7:30am. I did not have all of the lines set and we were into our first fish. We ended the day 6 for 7. 3 chinook, 1 steelhead, and 2 of them were lake trout that we released back into the lake.

We worked 80-100FOW, and caught fish on the following.

Stinger size blue dolphin on a rigger parked at 80'.

Stinger size blue dolphin on a rigger parked at 60'.

Stinger size Steve Wonder on a 1/2 core.

Silver Horde(blue mylar) on a full core with a 4oz dive bomb, went twice.

Chartruse and gold prochip 11, with a Siggs Rigs Green Apple trophy fly on a wire diver on 1.5 with a mag ring with 175' of line out, went twice.

Here is my son Hunter with his 16lb(weighed on a scale) buck caught on the blue mylar Silver Horde. :thumb:

chinook_92249.jpg

We pulled lines at 11:30am and headed in.

I will be back out in the morning.

Nice Job Mike and Hunter! That is a great looking fish! Was thinking of hitting South Haven this evening. Was it rough out this morning? Forecast looks good, but buoy detail conflicts with the forecast.

It was 2-3' waves all day with an occasional 4' wave mixed in with it.

We picked up half of our fish on a North troll(with the waves), and half of them on a South Troll(into the waves).

Nice job Mike and crew. Thanks for the tip on the paddle and fly off the dipsey, after you gave me that piece of advice I set one out on the power pro dipsey 11" green glow paddle with a black and gold horsefly out 215 wasnt down 3 min and ripped a nice 14# king. The day was not too good for us though sail boat went down my port side and took 3 boards and a 4 color a full color and a 300 copper with it. We ended up with 4 nice fish.

Way to go.Not the forum to ask but 1. When you run the dive bomb on your lead how much lead do you let out before putting it on? I bought acouple of those fogott about them till you mentioned them.Thanks in advance.

Way to go.Not the forum to ask but 1. When you run the dive bomb on your lead how much lead do you let out before putting it on? I bought acouple of those fogott about them till you mentioned them.Thanks in advance.

Curt,

You will see lots of different ways to run them. I personally attach them next to the leader, then let the lead out. Everyone always talks about the "snake-like" effect of lead core. By attaching them next to the leader, I am taking away from this so called "snake-like" effect. I have not seen an adverse effect by running the way I run them, and my catch ratio has not gone down any.

The only time I will run them in the middle of the lead core is when I am running multiple dive bombs on the same side. Then I keep the same distance from the boards, and will use a one ounce less dive bomb on the next board out.

Check out these 3 posts for more information.

How To Run A Dive Bomb

Running Multiple Dive Bombs on The Same Side

Dive Bombs Depths Achieved