suggestions on coating new floor

I found 1 soft area in my floor so im replacing all of it. Plywood has been removed its ready for new plywood but im unshure what to coat new wood with? It was painted before, im wondering would thompson water seal be better or something else any suggestions? It sets outside all summer uncovered because of downriggers and rod holders I cant put a cover on it,I cover it with tarp in winter. It appeares roofing tar was put on bottom side of old wood and it was in good shape was only soft on top surface. Thinking maybe truck bed coating on top surface? thanks for any suggestions

buy some fiberglass resin mix in the hardner and apply with a body-filler spreader let dry flip over do other side and all edges. this is idea came from a pro boat restorer in st.joe mi

You want to make sure you do the edges. Even an oil based paint coating will help stop absorption. After that it is up to you. I know guys who have used Rhino Liner successfully. I think Cabela's sells a coating. You can even use vinyl.

Personally I would use resin and hardener on both sides and the edges put a nice coat of gel coat on the edges and bottom and use a medium roller to put the gel coat on the top and you would have a non skid floor that will likely out live you.

thanks for all the great suggestions! I am using 3/4 plywood standard grade, as I cant get marine wood in Ludington.This floor is going in my 1966 Starcraft Holiday, she wont win any beauty contests but its paid for and a very simple boat with alot of floor space. The wife wants to get a bigger boat with a cuddy for the grandaughter to be able to watch tv when she gets restless .So I , WE,@#$ SHE decided to use Thompson water seal gold I had extra laying around. I didnt get much say in this,lol...I hope it will last another 5-8yrs as we plan to sell boat next spring anyway.But THANKS to all who replied,Ill add pics later today.