Michigan oil spill

Had a football scrimiage lastnight down south and east over twords Battle creek and got my first look at the Oil spill. Man its worse then i thought it would be. Already reports of dead water foul and one report thismorning of 10 dead geese found covered in oil. this may be worse then people think before its all said and done. Reports said there is 43 thousand feet of boom trying to contain it but with the higher water leveles we have had this year the oil is making its way around the booms. Jenny as i call her. (Gov Granholm). has officially declaired this a state of emergency.

Any one else had any visiual of this yet. I only got to see a small portion of this east of battle creek and they are anticipating the spill hitting maybe as far as plainwell today. :(

Yeah this is bad. The smell is pretty strong near the spill site. Burns your eyes. Hopefully the can stop it before it reaches the lower river. Theres a lot of skamanias that are going to die if they don't.

I have not had the opportunity to see it first hand, but have been trying to follow it closely in the news and on the net. Here is an article from today from the Detroit Free Press. It's the most informative I've read so far. It has video and pictures. The video really shows how fast and high that river is right now. That has got to make it extremely difficult. I really hope they can get it contained like they plan.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100728/NEWS06/7280352/1318/Oil-spill-near-Kalamazoo-River-causes-stench-mess