Fish finder

I am looking for a product called the fish finder made by Koch Industries, its a device you put on your rigger ball , drop down and reel back up and it give you temps at 5 - 10 ft intervals . Did a search on the internet and came up with zilch, nada . any help guys?

I have one have not used it in a while but still not sure if I want to part with it as it took me months of searching to find it. There are a few out there and they show up on Ebay now and then. Problem is guys that use and know what they are seldom part with them I used mine to verify my dipsy program since I have speed and temp at the ball with my Depth Raider it was nice to be able to clip it on a diver or core and see what depth and temp it was really runnning at.

I think the product you are looking for is called a GTM40 sold by Cabelas. They do not make or sell them anymore. I have been looking for one for a couple of years now with no luck as well. I have searched the internet over and over again as well including craigslist and ebay. IF I find a couple, I'll send you a note. If anyone else finds one or two could you let me know as well.

when my first one died i got the last one that cabelas had. about three or four years ago. they had to have it shipped in from one of the south western stores and it was the display model with no packaging. I was told they quit making them because of a problem with flooding the unit about 6 years ago. so you are left with the speed and temp at the cannonball units. i still have mine and am not going to part with it.

I just wounder if some other company bought them out and there not selling them anymore . so that we have to buy the expensive units 400.00-500.00 , not saying that I wouldn't buy a unit that has speed at ball but I don't' have an extra 500.00 gathering dust.

I have two of them.:no: I'll start the bidding at one million dollars.

Chris

I'll let mine go for half a million LOL. Either name is correct they are the same unit built by Koch industries and were marketed by Cabella's under one name and elsewhere under a different name.

I just wounder if some other company bought them out and there not selling them anymore . so that we have to buy the expensive units 400.00-500.00 , not saying that I wouldn't buy a unit that has speed at ball but I don't' have an extra 500.00 gathering dust.

Hey Jim, if that unit cost about $100 I would save my money and wait till you can buy a speed and temp unit for you downrigger. I would give up my temp probe anyday before I would ever give up my speed at the ball. If you don't have a speed gauge with all the strong currents out there this year you are almost wasting your time. Last Sunday the current was out of the North and if you didn't troll directly into it you didn't get touched, but if you did it was nonstop fish. Didn't matter the depth or temp but you had to troll into the current. I know that starting out buying all this stuff is expensive, but I would wait till there is a good price on one.

Hey Jim, if that unit cost about $100 I would save my money and wait till you can buy a speed and temp unit for you downrigger. I would give up my temp probe anyday before I would ever give up my speed at the ball. If you don't have a speed gauge with all the strong currents out there this year you are almost wasting your time. Last Sunday the current was out of the North and if you didn't troll directly into it you didn't get touched, but if you did it was nonstop fish. Didn't matter the depth or temp but you had to troll into the current. I know that starting out buying all this stuff is expensive, but I would wait till there is a good price on one.

Well I found a Depth Raider on ebay , The guy is from Burlington WI , the company is located near there. Its a refub unit , about 100.00 cheeper than a new one. cheapest I could find a new one was 434 plus tax . Now I have to say no to everything else this year.

Don't tell the wife shes going to kill me. ha

Tight lines

Jim

• 3 months later...

hello guys, i think i have 3~5pcs in stock and would sell it at usd100 ea. unfortunately i am in the Phils. but my brother who lives in MD will be coming home in dec. so i could ask him to send it to those who will be interested. payment will be thru paypal, if don't get order or payment till end of dec. items will stay here with me.

thanks in advance...

I wouldn't even pay a dime over what Fishhawk has to offer now, if you go to the Fishhawk website they have developed the same thing and can hook on your dispeys as well, check it out, I saw them in Great Lakes Fishermen magazine the other day.

hello guys, i think i have 3~5pcs in stock and would sell it at usd100 ea. unfortunately i am in the Phils. but my brother who lives in MD will be coming home in dec. so i could ask him to send it to those who will be interested. payment will be thru paypal, if don't get order or payment till end of dec. items will stay here with me.

thanks in advance...

This is a new member. Phils = Phillipines. I checked his ip and it does trace to the Phillipines.

There are to many scammers on the internet, and this one throws up a red flag to me. The GLF website is not be responsible for any transactions for merchandise.