Ludington or Manistee?

This week i'm finally gonna get some time off work and head back to michigan. We're gonna get away from the boat loads of lake trout and walleye and head to the other side of the mitten. Only problem is, we can't make up our mind, Manistee or Ludington? I am mindful of the tournaments being held in manistee both this weekend and next. Not totally sure if we want to fish it yet or not, but we're lookin at fishing from wednesday-sunday. Which port would you recommend for 28-31st?

There wre talks that they may use Manistee and Onekema both as starting points. IT's really not that bad, cause you guys would want to be out for the before daylight bite, and I don't think the tourny even leaves the pier heads b4 6AM and then back by 1 or 2PM... Pentwater is right down the road too, we've always liked it there. Good luck TJ!

Like JWHEELER says, Pentwater just down the road, go south to the stick and work in an out till sun gets up then work North, I always do great down there, also north end off the dunn's infront of the condo 60-140f.o.w Dippsey's w/fly's and full core w/ A-HI Killers, Good luck.

In ludington whe had a plane crash at point area out aprrox 5 miles and its been off limits because of 4 passengers on plane missing and they dont want added trafic around crash area. But I did hear today that Coast Guard was calling of search this afternoon. Per Ludington Daily News article.