setup questions LeadCore / Dipseys

When running lead what is your most successful setup? a straight spoon / plug or a flasher / fly combo?

Does anyone have success running spoons and flashers on dipseys?

For convienience can I use coastlock swivels to connect my braid to the dipsy then swivel to connect 6ft leader to the dipsy and another swivel to connect the attractor to the fly? Will this change an integral part of the presentation?

Thanks Troy

The dipseys work very well with spoons and with flasher fly combo, run about 4' of leader to your flasher and then attach your fly, to run a spoon off of a dipsey use about 5 to 6' of leader and attach your spoon to a 30# coast lock or standard ball bearing swivel set your angle on your dipsey and run it back. I always stick with spoons off of my lead core (except early spring then I run body baits on 1 and 2 color rigs in shallow for coho and browns. One question that I forgot to ask is what kind of line do you run for your dipseys. I have great luck with 40# wire and with 40# power pro braid. Gets the dipsey deeper with less line out and seems to set the hooks better on a strike.

I agree with SUPERTRAMP, Also I would run a snubber beteen your dipsey and leader if your running wire or braid becuse you have NO line streach, keep in mind do not go more then your rod length you may have trough time getting fish in net, Also I have very good luck with #4 green splater J-plug on full core lead.

I rarely, if ever, run a flasher and fly off core. Mostly spoons and plugs. I really like plugs off of core, they seem to take a lot of fish. Putting ball bearing swivels at each end of your leader is not only convenient, it is beneficiary. I actually have been putting bead chains on the front of my flashers, also. It eliminates any line twist. I can't tell you the last time I have run a flasher in front of a spoon. I normally run them clean. I usually run flasher/fly combos off low dispeys and spoons or plugs off high dipsey's, unless the flasher/fly bite is really smoking. Then I might add another flasher/fly to a high dispey. I switched to 40# mono leaders between my dipsey and flasher. I also run a clear snubber on the wire divers. On braid I run a snubber if I'm running a flasher, if not I run 8' of 20# flouro.

The braid is my best set up for the dipseys not as hard on guides and i dont need a twill tip to run it. Paulywood said it best plugs and spoons off core and copper keeps the tangles to a minimum. The big paddles and spinnies tend to wind up together when you are making turns.