Night fishing question?

Just curious what fishing is like from midnight through dawn. We drive over from Mpls and usually roll in at 1-2 AM. We waited/slept and went out at 4 last trip, but thinking about going out a bit earlier when we roll in this weekend. I got to think with all the glow stuff the gear should work well at night.

Thanks - Dan

When there is a full moon the fishing can be fantastic during the night. The rest of the time it is similar to a daytime bite as the fish aren't as active. I have never tried the full moon bite but have heard it can be crazy.

I am a huge fan of the full moon bite. The two days befor and todays after can be really good to. The thing about a night bite is use the KISS saying. When we fish that time we run 2 boards 2 divers and 2 riggers. And thats it iv tried running more. But when your in the darkness for 6 hours it changes everything around. But when the fish are around the peir head fishing this time can be very deadly.

It can get extremely crazy! Darkness just adds a new wrinkle to it. from 3 untill light will be your best time without the full moon. Its a lot like the daytime bite just like Nick mentioned. It's a blast if you can get into them :D we do a TON of night fishing here for walligators. Used to do a lot for salmon also, but that time has much since passed.