portsheldon 7/14 pm 6for9 solo

set-up solo at about 8pm 80ft of water trolled south. both riggers went in 1st 20minutes. I netted king #1 and while trying to net the other fish with the fish still in the net....well i couldnt net the other fish while the net contained the 1st 12 lb king in it. So i did the smart thing and hung on to the paddle and and reeled the other fish in while the net slowly faded into the distance.lol both fished were landed but the net was donated to lk michigan. finished 6 for 9 with long fights trying to tire the fish while just lifting and swinging them into the boat holding the line(40lb gamma flurocarbon) Heres what worked.

1.white paddle 42" leader with pickled sunshine went 2x set 55 down

2. moonshine on slider twice small spoon with 3 black dots set 52 down

3. batman color dipsey with fat nancy spin doctor (call me if u can find me one for sale 8" 140 & 160 back 2x Big weenie yellow glow fly

4. moonshine flounder pounder blue went 3x at dark 42 down on rigger

Speed over ground (SOG) is 3.1 to 3.2 all week and no idea what it is at the ball because i donated my probe last fall to the bottom of lk michigan also

south, west, and north all worked. we've boated over 20 fish in the 5 days in the 70-80ft range just at dark. Thanks jim bobber for that 80ft report on sunday( i didnt believe u)lol Most other boats were deep.

thanks hop a aboard for helping lift the cooler out of my boat last night! FYI 4 of those fish were big kohos and not kings

FYI unless one of those fish was a walleye or non Trout or Salmon you were over the limit for a solo trip. Glad you did not get caught. Sounds like a nice trip .

Never said he kept 6. Just landed 6

ive landed 93 kings this spring and summer mostly by myself and built a new house this summer surrounded by a muskegon cop and 3 gr police officers. Im no law breaker.lol Their is a difference between landing fish and keeping fish. We all know that alot of times during primetime u have several fish on at once or while reeling in for the night something comes dragging in on the copper.

No problem but the way you said it sounded like you kept 4 Coho's and 2 kings and I have seen many people misunderstand how the limits work. I watched a guy try and argue with a CO one night that his Walleye and Bass would not be under the same limit since they were differant fish. I am sure he lost LOL. And yep we have all had extra fish now and then but as was explained to me by a CO you are supposed to remove lines as you approach your limit. No one I know does it but that is the Quote correct way to do it. So by the rules if you are one fish short of your limit you should only have one rod in the water who does that LOL. Last Sept we got our limit of Steelhead one morn and as we pulled lines got 4 more they were nice fish kinda sucked to have to release them but the rules are the rules I guess if I had pulled lines as we approached our limit I would not have caught them but heck if anyone asked I was Salmon fishing with the other lines LOL.

Pretty sure you can keep all three rods in the water until you're boxed out.

What I've had before is 8 rods out with 3 people, land coho 13 and then pull two rods since one person is limited out. Land coho 14 and pull three more rods. Land coho 15 and pull them all.

Actually, we quaded up to end that day as we could not get rods out of the water fast enough, but we were trying to be legal.

Pretty sure you can keep all three rods in the water until you're boxed out.

What I've had before is 8 rods out with 3 people, land coho 13 and then pull two rods since one person is limited out. Land coho 14 and pull three more rods. Land coho 15 and pull them all.

Actually, we quaded up to end that day as we could not get rods out of the water fast enough, but we were trying to be legal.

True and if you are fishing for a differant species you are ok and not your fault if the wrong fish bites. However fishing by yourself or with friends you are supposed to remove rods as you approach your limit. SO if you have 4 in the box towards a limit of 5 you should only have one rod in the water. So a box of 13 would leave one person done fishing no rods and the other 2 with 1 rod each as each of them only has 1 more fish to go. I realize this is not enforced and no one does it myself included but is how it was explained to me by a DNR officer a couple of years ago. I was asking him how come the charter boats keep every line in the water till they are done fishing he said they were in violation if they had more lines than fish to catch to limit. Again as we all know it is pretty much up to the officer as to what they choose to enforce and sometimes how much, like the discussion about fishing with children as if the officer feels the kid can fish he can run a full spread but if he decided the kid was too small to fish the gear you are using then you would be in violation.

However fishing by yourself or with friends you are supposed to remove rods as you approach your limit. SO if you have 4 in the box towards a limit of 5 you should only have one rod in the water. I realize this is not enforced and no one does it myself included but is how it was explained to me by a DNR officer a couple of years ago. I was asking him how come the charter boats keep every line in the water till they are done fishing he said they were in violation if they had more lines than fish to catch to limit. Again as we all know it is pretty much up to the officer as to what they choose to enforce and sometimes how much, .

I believe that the officer that you spook to was misinformed. Show me in print, where it states one line per fish and I will abide. Until then, I will continue to fish with my three rods.