pat & myself started out of the channel at 7:15 pm. on our way out to deeper water heard a boat on channel 68 say he was in 135 fow and was doing well so we dropped lines in 135. set out the 14 color on the starboard & 300 copper on the port with a mag kevorkian. the copper was down a tottal of about 45 seconds & took a 12 # king. Got the copper back out for another 45 seconds & it ripps off again. lost that fish & before Pat can retrieve the copper the port dipsey takes off whith a white paddle / glow hypnotist fly, 8# king. now were back to only 1 line in. Over the 2 hours I never managed to get all 6 lines set. Ended the night at 10:00 @ 9 for 12. All kings from 5 to 14#. Black spinney / black hypnotist took 3 fish 180 back on a dipsy set on 2 with a mag ring. anything black or purple down 70 to 90 on the riggers took fish. Dipseys were responsible for 6 hits. Special thanks to Down time charters for telling us how to reattach our broken copper. Awesome night on the water!!!!!

Good fishing to all.

Edited by dragginballsII
misspelled words

I know Rick is at work right now but I can fill in some details. We ran to the North nets and set up in 135 fow as he said. Spun it around to a South troll and kept the speed about 2.9-3.0. We didn't have a chance to even get the probe down. The first fish hit almost as soon as the copper rod went in the tree. Back out and the same thing happened. Unfortunately the fish took the board under and got off somehow. I had three get off but boated three. Rick was 6 for 6. I hate him for that. There was a couple doubles and one triple that we somehow managed to land all three. We had 3 fish at one time laying on the floor and the net ended up wherever it did. All in all a fire drill night and I have to thank Rick for all the opportunities he gives me to go fishing. Of course he doesn't like to drive the boat. A small price to pay in my thinking. It was just one of those magical evenings we all hope for. And a big thanks to the captain of Downtime charters for the slick fix on the copper to copper connection. After a tough weekend this was just what we needed.