Planer boards Which brand do you use?

I'm going to get some planer boards because I cannot get my magnum Dispseys to go out far enough to run another, even on 3 they aren't going far enough out from the boat using my wire line rods. So I'm to get some boards, Please let me know whic one's work the best...

I run Church Walleye boards with an OR-18 clip in the front and an OR-16 clip in the rear if you are talking about running inlines. If you want to run a dipsey farther outside you could get a set of outriggers. I know guys run dipsey's off them but I'm not sure how they do it exactly. I have never run them.

I have both Off Shores and Z Boards and love them both really like the Z Boards for copper and heavy gear as they are bigger. Honestly they pretty much all work and all have the little quirks you need to get used to. I hated my Church boards and put them in a yard sale soon after I bought them but have lots of friends who love them. I have done several mods to my Off Shore boards and untill I bought the Z Boards thought they were the best. The Z Boards flat out ran better out of the box than any board I have every ran or seen run but however they also have some quirks and need a bit of fine tuning because if you get them pulling to fast they will dive and trip. Z Boards however has a nice 6 board package that will give you 2 copper boards 2 full core boards and 2 high line boards. Good luck you will figure it out.

I like my offshores. There is only one thing i don't like about them, you pretty much HAVE to mod them to use them how you want to. But yet they can be used for absolutely any type of board fishing you want to do :D

I run offshores like frank we run them for walleye so we run alot of them and run them often I also gave my church boards to a friend in Tenessee figured he wouldnt know any better. But if you are talking about running magnum dipsys off boards you could try the big boards but I am almost positive neither boards will pull a mag dipsy they have some serious tourque on big boards I dont think your planer board tow line will never come out of the water and as far as inlineboards they wont come out of the water maybe I am all wet but I dont think its possible maybe the z boards as I have never used them

I'm going to get some planer boards because I cannot get my magnum Dispseys to go out far enough to run another, even on 3 they aren't going far enough out from the boat using my wire line rods. So I'm to get some boards, Please let me know whic one's work the best...

I'm sorry Robert, but this doesn't make sense to me. Are you running two divers per side? I run 2 per side. Both mags, both wire. one set at 1.5 and the other at 2.5 with no trouble.

Why do you want your diver way out to the side?

What do plan to put behind the boards?

How many poles are you trying to run?

Church boards do a nice job pulling cores and copper, but they will not pull a diver.

I'm sorry Robert, but this doesn't make sense to me. Are you running two divers per side? I run 2 per side. Both mags, both wire. one set at 1.5 and the other at 2.5 with no trouble.

Why do you want your diver way out to the side?

What do plan to put behind the boards?

How many poles are you trying to run?

Church boards do a nice job pulling cores and copper, but they will not pull a diver.

Yeah, I didn't mean to pull divers. I figured you wanted to run something out further. I ran 2 divers per side sunday, wire on 1 and braid on 3. I only run standard divers, I don't run mags.

actually you can run small divers behind boards however it is a suicide setup as it has to go on the outside and go out first. You run the small diver on 0 send out the line you need for the depth you want to run clip on a board and send it out. Here are the problems number one your boards won't track for crap as they will be pulling a ton number 2 it is a optimistic setup because if the fish does not trip the diver you are screwed and must pull any inside gear to get it back in. I tried it many years ago and it did work to a degree and used to use mini divers behind boards for walleye because you could get them down about 15ft and run a longer lead behind them cause Walleye don't fight like salmon at the back of the boat. If you want deep and wide copper on boards is the best bet. There are lots of ways to do this but when you get a lot of gear going the odds of knitting a ugly sweater increase big time.