7-11 Holland (firs trip on new boat)

Fished Holland this morning with the new boat (Scooby Snacks). Hit the launch around 5:30 and off we went.

Set up in 50 FOW and Marked fish for the first 2 hours or so with nothing going.

After I started to eat breakfast the 5 color on the inside board starts to scream and a fish comes flying out of the water ......

Needless to say after a good fight and we get the fish to the side of the boat and the boat stalls... hooks pop out when my buddy face plants the fish with the net. .... OH WELL!!

Trolled around for a couple more hours ....

Had some speed control issues mostly...(see rigging forum if you can help)

Only hit came on a mag bloody nose glow spoon on a five color

Rut Roh Raggy!

Welcome to the world of open water fishing. Watch the reports from the guys fishing out of Holland, they won't steer you wrong. Don't worry about the fish, they'll come. As far as the "face plant on the fish" it happens to the best of us. My dad likes to say he was saving the lure by beating the fish on the nose, now that's a fish story. Not a bad first trip, you didn't sink, didn't need a tow and all hands made it back safe.

Well, Dave, congrats on getting the new boat out anyway! I was out Friday night and found marks all over the screen, but only got two to go. The guys are right about them being 60-70 down.

As far as the partner knocking off the fish....that's why I fish solo so much....so I can knock them off myself!

You'll smoke them on your second trip!