Final Chapter: Summer 2010 on Saginaw Bay

Fished the LBM and Campground tournament yesterday. Fishing was ok, just lots of small fish. Boated only 6 legal eyes and probably 12-15 sublegals along with a boat load of small sheephead and a few cats...One of which won me the biggest non walleye category. It was a 6.56# Channel cat good for $50. Ended up with 8.08# for 5 walleye:no::lol: that put me in the middle of the pack. Also got a Daiwa 400H, a floating waterproof flashlight and a Linwood Corners food certificate. There was also a little meal afterwards. Had Kogels and everyone brought a dish to pass. Fun little tournament.

Fished east of the black hole in 22.5'. Took all our fish on 1 oz inline weights and harnesses from 30-40' back. Pink, purples and chart. pattern harnesses seemed to be best. #4 and #5 colorados as well as macks smile blades. Also took a few on 3 oz. bottom bouncers. Speed of about 1.3 s.o.g. seemed best today. Lots of bait and fish, most ive seen in a month. Lotta nipping on the harnesses today. Seems to be a mix of white bass and perch. We caught several perch today, so if your game for those you may wanna head out. Probably some sorting to do, but i caught them from 3"-9" and seen some up to 12" at the cleaning station. All of which were coincidental catches by walleye fisherman. So a guy may do well if he targeted them specifically.;)

Then, after that i met up with some friends from another site for a little outting we had planned. I ended up cooking walleye and hush puppies my mom made and ended up eating again.:D :thumb:I know JWheeler can apprecate a good "second dinner" too.:lol: Also lots of salads and a habenaro tarter sauce that was great. Got to see some folks i havent seen since our ice outting. We had allot of fun and it was a great way to wrap up my walleye season on Saginaw Bay....Ill cya on the ice.

Now its time to head west for BIG fish. Ludington here i come!:split::superman::banana::thumb::D..FISH ON!!!

It was definitely a great day on the water weather wise. Fishing is still tough. We caught a fair amount of walleye, but only 7 keepers. I was running my LC and Jet program north of 1 & 2 where we found a decent school and not another boat for more than a mile. 2 color w/ moonshine bleeding smelt took a few. Stinger scorpion monkey puke off the DR took a couple. 3 color with Fish Bones Custom chameleon spoon harness took a couple and then some FBC purple with pink spoons produced also.

2nd dinner was very very good:thumb: It's always good to chew the fat and talk fishing with ya Adam. Good luck over in Lud'ville, maybe we'll get together over there before you start making your way into the woods.

Hope you didn't catch everything that was left in Sag Bay, Adam. West Michigan Walleye Club is heading over this Saturday for a tournament! We plan to do some cookout damage on Friday after prefishing.....people are currently debating the relative potency of baked bean recipes....probably a good thing we'll be outside on Saturday!

What's better than a couple days on the water, good food and good friends!

Hope you have good salmon fishing over on this side for the rest of the season. Kings are fairly steady down in Holland, with a few sizeable ones showing up (one 30+ pounder in Port Sheldon a couple weeks ago, which is very unusual for here). So Ludington should be awesome.

Hope you didn't catch everything that was left in Sag Bay, Adam. West Michigan Walleye Club is heading over this Saturday for a tournament! We plan to do some cookout damage on Friday after prefishing.....people are currently debating the relative potency of baked bean recipes....probably a good thing we'll be outside on Saturday!

What's better than a couple days on the water, good food and good friends!

Hope you have good salmon fishing over on this side for the rest of the season. Kings are fairly steady down in Holland, with a few sizeable ones showing up (one 30+ pounder in Port Sheldon a couple weeks ago, which is very unusual for here). So Ludington should be awesome.

LOL...I try like hell to give em all sore lips, but when they vacate the bay it makes it a bit tougher. Still plenty of fish around, just gotta work a bit harder for them than normal. Im sure your tournament will be a great succsess. Have fun and enjoy the festiveties afterwards...dont forget your BEANO!!!:eek::no::lol::lol::lol: