ramp hogs

You have to love the guy that has to make all kinds of adjustments to the boat while he is parked in a launch lane. That and the person who has to fill their cooler one item at a time while parked in a launch lane. Do this stuff before you leave the house so that you don't look like a fool.

I forgot to mention the interesting one. Once the marina in town fills up, the cruisers park at the launch ramp to spend the night. Sure just tie that $300,000 boat to the ramp dock and not pay a fee. Then bolck the am fishermen from launching their boats. After a few calls to city hall and the police this problem is somewhat resolved. Now we have fireworks on the bay every sat night which means that the tourists take over the boat launch...more fun.

Holiday weekends @ the ramps can be very entertaining. Bring a lawn chair pack a picnic lunch and enjoy the show. The two and three time a year boaters will not disappoint you. Never take your boat on these weekends or you may become part of the show. :)

The one way that i get around this problem is put in early! i bet ed will chime in about this lol but We are the first boat in the parking lot in the morning. And if we dont fill out koolers then we will prob be one of the last ones to. Iv seen it time and time again i will be first one in and will here about the guys who have to wait 1 hour to put in. Its hard on the body a little but we can sleep when were dead lol

Holiday weekends @ the ramps can be very entertaining. Bring a lawn chair pack a picnic lunch and enjoy the show. The two and three time a year boaters will not disappoint you. Never take your boat on these weekends or you may become part of the show. :)

Yeah that!

I've enjoyed the show many times on my lunch hour.:lol:

I forgot to mention the interesting one. Once the marina in town fills up, the cruisers park at the launch ramp to spend the night. Sure just tie that $300,000 boat to the ramp dock and not pay a fee. Then bolck the am fishermen from launching their boats. After a few calls to city hall and the police this problem is somewhat resolved. Now we have fireworks on the bay every sat night which means that the tourists take over the boat launch...more fun.

Doesn't sound like this couldn't be cleared up with a few blasts from a car horn at 4:00 a.m. :eek: Some people are just plain ignorant.:mad:

Man' date=' I love my dock.

I hated that kind of crap.

Being a firey red head I had no patience for these shinanigans.[/quote']

I hear ya. I used the DNR launch ramp in Holland for years, and finally got fed up with it so I got a bigger boat, and rented a slip. The first time I launched my new boat at the DNR launch some moron ran into the back of me, and didn't bother to say they were sorry. They just sat there with a stupid look on there face. I was in a good mood at the time so I didn't go ape sh#@ on him.:no:

You have to love the guy that has to make all kinds of adjustments to the boat while he is parked in a launch lane. That and the person who has to fill their cooler one item at a time while parked in a launch lane. Do this stuff before you leave the house so that you don't look like a fool.

Don't forget the guy that pulls his boat out of the water just far enough so he can get out and completely wipe his boat down. Saw a newbie the other day drag his lower unit up the boat launch then after realizing what he was doing he proceeded to try to back down into the water again. Lucky for him there was an experienced boater that caught him before he damaged the unit too much, and helped him raise his I/O. That is one nasty sound.

or the guy that cant' seem to get his boat on the trailer,then when they finally do pull out , proceed to take up 2 ramp spots and unload all there crap back into there car. I said to the guy that people usually finish off the ramp, and he gives me this look of complete stupidity . Last time I was out we launched out of south shore instead of Mckinely . had to wait for a guy that brought his boat in and only the nose. tie it up to the opposite side of the pier. and watch the boat turn out to the end. When he finally gets it clear its my turn to get in and this guy with 2 kids on a jet ski zooms in before I can get in. Then next to me when I do get in , I have to walk 1/4 mile to get my truck. Hes still trying to put these on the trailer. 2 jet skis over 20 min to get on the trailer and pull out. What a joke. My son said he was duck taping his trailer? WTH always entertainment.how about leaving your bright lights on while on the ramp, no one else can see to back down the ramp. I have had my moments also ,like forgetting to unhook the front of the boat . My son and I only take about 4 min to launch . would be faster if he could drive the truck or had enough experience with the boat.

As we were coming to the ramp in South Haven on the 4th, a pair of yuppies backed their little SUV down the ramp, took their kayaks off the top, and put them on each side of a dock, taking up 2 ramps, then took their sweet time loading everything in, including their matching pair of ankle-biter dogs, complete with ribbons in their hair. The girl had a look the whole time like she would just love for one of us peasants to say something. Luckily another ramp was open, cause I think my wife was about to throw down on her.

My favorite is the line cutters. Here at rockport we have 2 extremely shallow docks that the bigger boats have an extremely hard time loading up at, so they have to use the 2 middle much deeper docks. There is also very little room to spin a boat around and drift and wait your turn. It makes me madder than heck when a little boat rips in as your drifting waiting for your turn and docks at one of the deeper docks! Not to mention it always seems like they can fly when it comes to cutting in line, but walking up the incline to their truck you would swear they could crawl faster!!!

I know the kind that you are talking about. If they're new to it, then I can cut you some slack, as we've all been there and learned. Now after owning my own boat for years it sure is nice when I have a buddy that knows a little something about loading a boat. But lately 75% of the time I'm loading and unloading my boat on the trailer solo. It took a little time to figure it out just right, and is not the ideal way to launch the boat solo, but, I can launch and land my boat better and faster than a good deal of these yahoos who don't have a clue. I witnessed some folks loading up a couple of weekends ago while I was breaking down the gear and loading it into my truck while I was still in the slip. These guys were loading these 14' and 16' tin cans for about 45 minutes between the 2 of them. Some how the one dude ended up with his boat perpendicular to the trailer. I just relaxed and chuckled a little bit. :thumb:

I have had my issues too. My fishing partner cut a tire on the dock backing the boat into the water. The same guy dropped the trailer off of the ball (now i keep a lock on it, after kids lifted the hitch) he slammed on the brakes and the bow of the boat went through the back window of my Jeep Cherokee and did a little bumper damage. I put the boat in the water and pull it out now, my boat my truck If I screw it up then I blame myself. That back window just exploded.

Ya you are probably right.Well how about all launches have a boat prep area with a sign that says do not block traffic.Oh but there is that sign again. We always park the boat and truck at the back of the paring lot and get the boat ready so we are out of the way of others. And then sometimes and idiot goes by us and is in the launch getting his boat ready and we still are waiting.

Signs!!!!! Come on Rick you are N of the 45th paralell you ought to know that signs always apply to the other guy that probably won't read them either. Then there is the guy that reads the sign and it says LOOK FREE FIREWOOD. I almost peeled a guy that completely ignored a big red stop sign today, it must be for the next guy. When they pry him out of his car he will understand that signs are for him too.