copper lure selection

OK I just bought my copper reels And rods and got them all spooled up to try in 2 weeks. My last question is can I run flashers and flys off them or would that be 2 much drag for my walleye boards.

Steve

I just have the factory clips I was planning on looping the braid around the clip twice to get it to hold. Or is there a better replacment clip out there I need

I have problems with the clips holding big jon mini discs and walleye spoons.

Thanks Steve

I just have the factory clips I was planning on looping the braid around the clip twice to get it to hold. Or is there a better replacment clip out there I need

I have problems with the clips holding big jon mini discs and walleye spoons.

Thanks Steve

5' pc of 40 pound mono will take care of that.

I switched the front releases on my boards to the Offshore OR-18. It is the best clip I have found. I also use an Offshore Snap Weight clip in the back. It is the OR-16 I think. This is an easy, never fail setup. That being said, I still splice in a piece of mono to connect the board to. It is easier to check for any damage and holds the clip better.

This is an easy, never fail setup. That being said, I still splice in a piece of mono to connect the board to. It is easier to check for any damage and holds the clip better.

Couldn't agree with this more....

braids don't show wear like mono does, and when the braid does get worn youl'll be trolling along then all of a sudden you are a board short. the mono you can see and feel the line getting worn and can remedy the problem by cutting and retying and not lose expensive gear. I usually use a twenty foot piece that way i just have to cut out the bad piece near my backer and only retie one knot instead of having to retie two when you do have to cut back. also i believe in a drop of fishing glue just to make sure it (the knot) holds together well.

i also use an or-16 on the rear of the board. but i use the big jon barrel release in the front.

edit:

coming into j plug season, i LOVE running a green with black ladder back on my 300 coppers. Aces HI. it is a deadly combo.