Boat had not touched the water since memorial day and the brother in-law was up so it was a good excuse to take the day off and head south for the day. Couldn't have asked for a better day as both the weather and the fish cooperated:thumb:

This was the first time the brother in-law had been big lake fishing so needless to say i was busy. From 5 am until 6:30 am i could not get more than two rods in the water the am bite was so good. Once I did get the spread in the water we took 2 doubles and a triple. We had a fish take the wire diver out 400' and while the bro in-law was trying to manage that one I took one on the rigger rod and put that in the box turned around and the other rigger rod is bouncing and boated that one before the bros big fella was ready to go in the box. A few minutes after this there goes the 300' copper and I was more than happy to hand that off to the bro. That one beat him up a little:grin:

Everything worked today...riggers, divers, lead core and copper from the boards and down the chute. we finished the day somewhere around 20 for 30 with near half the fish between 12-16lbs :thumb:

From what i can remember here is what worked for us

Stinger Lemon Ice

Modified Carmel Dolphin

Sea sick

Blue Dolphin

Gator

Nitro Pox

11" Protroll UV plaid prochip pulling a Blue Halo Bugeye Fly took a few

8" Protroll purple plaid prochip pulling a Brads Blue Hawaiian cut plug took a few as well

Here are a few pics of the happy greenhorn

Kinda funny I noticed that there are hardly any rigged rods in the pictures:grin:

2010-07-01_05.35.59.jpg

2010-07-01_07.03.53.jpg

2010-07-01_07.12.26.jpg

2010-07-01_11.25.57.jpg

2010-07-01_11.44.32.jpg