Boat maybe repelling fish.

I got a new fish finder last year. And it seams that ever since then the catch rate on the boat has gone down a lot.So I was thinking it was from stray current in the water around the boat like they claim the black box cures.

http://www.protroll.com/books/?id=5&p_id=4

I have done some of the tests protroll said to do and i have these results so far with using a voltmeter. Has anyone ever tested their boat. I even tested the anode on the transom while boat was on trailer and got a reading of .35 volts. i will do the test with the fish finder this weekend .

Downriggers:

#

1. .33 and .35 with boat in gear

2. .27 and .32 with boat in gear

3. .36" .37 "

4. .40 " .41 "

I don't know if it will help or not but once you know the water that you are in and your headings turn the fish finder off. I know the pro walleye and bass guys do not ust their finders at tournament time but they are in shallower water. My question is why do all of the salmon and baitfish hang around the buried cable that goes to Mackinac Island if a fish finder scares them? If you go out this weekend there is a net about 1/2 mile N of the tanks. It looks like it is a salmon net by the way it is marked. I have been out with guys who have similar fisfh finders and had very good luvk so I don't think that the fish finder bothers them that much.

Walleye pros dont use there fish finders?? Nothing could be further from the truth they use the biggest widest fish finders available! Adams right the ping dont scare them I have walleye 5 feet under my feet all the time ice fishing with my transducer hanging down a foot in the water.

I have to agree with you Mark. Living right on a walleye mecca ive fished allot the big tournaments and know allot of guys that fish the big circuts in the state as well as out and they all have the latest up to date high tech new fangled sonar on the market to help give them an edge finding and ultimately catching fish. Personally, i know i always have my electronics on. Thats my underwater eyes and outside my rod, reel and lure my most valuable tool. I cant imagine fishing without it.

I can't imagine fishing without one either. My handheld Gps quit working that I use walleye fishing and now I am lost without it. What sucks is I can't even get any of my way points back because it won't even turn on.Hopefully I can get out today and do some more tests on the boat. I am not sure if the wind will let me or not.

Well I tested the boat last night with everything running and all I get is about a .27 -.35 volts between all 4 downriggers.I even scrubbed the anodes on the boat.So i don't have stray voltage coming from the boat just low voltage according to the black box people. I would like some of you guys that consistently catch a lot of fish to check your voltage on your riggers while you are fishing.