Big thanks to Jay ( ICEMAN08 ) for helping me take my grandkids fishing it was a adventure they will likely never forget. I know I won't things started out ugly as we lost both 300 coppers and the first fish at the same time since the first fish took the port 300 copper thru the port diver and into the starboard copper. We lost the fish but retreived all the copper and the lures so we put dive bombs on the full cores and on a 7 color the second hit took out the 7 color and a full core and got off so we were down 6 rods and nothing in the box. And people wonder why we have over 20 rods setup on the boat LOL. Any how got the divers rerigged sure am glad I run a full spool of braid my grandson got bored of watching Jay and me try and untangle fishing equipment and went below to take a nap. We were making good progress on the copper mess when the port diver went off so I dumped the copper pile in a bucket and cleared the area and we sat my grand daughter in the chair with the rod and she reeled in about a 8 lb King. We were reseting that when the starboard diver hit could not get Maleik out of the cabin so Skylar got to reel in another fish much nicer around 12 lbs 2 in the box starting to feel better when Jay says the full core is tangled up so I grab it to clean up another mess feels like a tangle nothing but weight but as I reel it in none of the other gear is affected pulled the board and the dive bomb still heavy then a fish hit the surface behind the boat. About the time Jay gets ready to grab the net the port diver goes nuts so I am on my own and hand lined in a 5 lb King. It is starting to get late so I turned the boat around Malaik woke up sick and we got him to come up in the fresh air which helped him feel better and the starboard diver fired again and Maleik gets to fight his first King ever after a long battle with several runs a 14 to 15 lb king slids into the box and my grandson can say the first fish he ever caught was a 14lb King salmon though since he is now a fisherman it will be a 50lber by the time he is my age LOL. Final score Grandpa 1 for 1 Skylar 3 for 3 Maleik 1 for 3 Jay was perfect all night as other than the one I hand lined in he finished the battle for the kids to bring them to the net he also coached the kids and helped them with every fish but the best job he did besides being a great friend was getting the 16lb king to the net as it went totally nuts at the back of the boat running back and forth thru all the gear several times I have no idea how he kept all the turns the fish took straight but after a good 10 min battle the fish was back in the clear behind the boat and he pulled it in and I netted it. Cost of torn up gear yet to be determined, having a friend give up a night of fishing to help your grandkids more than words can say, seeing the look on your grandkids faces when they catch fish allmost as big as them PRICELESS.

i had a great time Jim.... Very Rare is it that one of the best trips i have EVER had on a boat without reeling in 1 fish!! those faces of those kids holding fish were what made the night. JIm let me know what we cant save and i will pick up what we need for the weekend. And lets see the pics of those smiling faces!!

In the words of a old friend who whenever asked what he was doing he would reply Knitting a sweater whats it look like I'm doing. After a couple hours of trying to un knit a sweater I'll be shopping tommorrow I can probably save the copper but it will take some serious time which I don't have and the lead core is soup. So I have to pick up 3 spools of core and 1 300 copper. I guess the bait shop will be happy to see me again LOL. I will post some picks in a bit I also have all the picks on my facebook page. We fished with the wind at our backs from 95 to 155 most of the action was 60 to 80 dn and all the fish came on my homemade flies.

doesn't' it always seem that when you have a new person kids ect that everything goes haywire, even though you've been out a hundred times and everything worked perfect. First time I had my daughter out with us , had 4 poles tangle, and in the middle of the first two she gets her first fish on the big pond. Only makes it more fun to talk about later.\

Tight Lines

Jim

Congratulations Jim on the Rockwell moments with your grandkids, we can relate on the tangles last night. You can send me the project with the tangled core for a spare, but take the copper to the scrap yard!