Humminbird Transducer

I am having troubles on my 22' crestliner Sabre with my humminbird dual beam transducer. I need a new transducer for my 788ci, and was wondering which one came recomended as the highest. I guess I am either currently looking at a new dual beam, a quad beam, or thinking about maybee switching to a through hull. Is there any experience out there with a through hull on an aluminum boat? Thanks for the help.

Joel

Is there any experience out there with a through hull on an aluminum boat? Thanks for the help.

Joel

I have no actual experience with any of the above...however, from what I have read a through hull is very good. Just remember there is a difference between a "shoot-through hull" and a "through-hull".

The former is not as well liked and from what I hear does not work well on Aluminum boats. Basically you mount(glue) it to the bottom of the hull and it shoots the beam through the hull.

The latter supposedly works well, however you have to cut a hole in the boat to mount it.

Like I originally said, please take my advice with a grain of salt.

I went with a thru-hull for my 1157 and my 958. I use a switch to choose which unit gets the info from the ducer. I ordered an Airmar B-60, which is a flat thru hull ducer, so I can still trailer my boat. It runs on 50/200 unlike the stock 83/200 that humminbirds come with. Krenzer Marine was able to order this transducer for me since it is not a standard humminbird ducer. If you want thru hull I would recommend this one. If you have any questions about these units or that ducer please feel free to call me. You can find my # on my website.