Favorite Flasher/Fly Combo?

for the past 4 or 5 years, day in and day out, by far my best combo has been the mountain dew/crush glow SD with a green crinkle fly (either Howie or A-Tom-Mik depending if they are wanting a smaller of larger profile fly that day). Especially in overcast conditions. That combo on the 80' rigger fired 13 times on Saturday.

Tim

I'm hooked on Legendary Smart Fish, and recently Dreamweaver bought Legendary, so don't feel as if your a trader for trying the Smart Fish if you run a lot of Dreamweaver Spin Doctors....lol. My two favorite settings on these paddles would have to be an 11:30 and an 8:30. 11:30 gives the most whip, and the 8:30 just quivers the fly. You can also set a Smart Fish to run just like a Spin Doctor.

I have two paddles that are ALWAYS in the water and they are the Green dot and the Wonder dot. All day every day those two are the best producers up and down Lake Ontario. We run A-TOM-MIK Hypnotist and Ultra Green Glows behind the green dot, and on the Wonder Dot Smart Fish its a Hammer fly doing the damage. Shredded and Regular, Glow and Non-Glow all work VERY well.

My new favorite is the Dreamweaver 8" super glow green spin doctor w/ a super green glow fly (self made). It's been killer the first half of the mornings and on cloudy days. You Michigan guys might want the blue one though.LOL

I'm going to start giving time to the chart. edge glow spin doctor and I'll let you know how it does.

Its a tough choice, but you cant go wrong with an 8" white double crush glow Spin Doctor w/a green glow chaos or blue glow chaos fly.

Adam hit the nail square on the head ,this set up has worked for a long time.

I'm with Mike (GLF). In fact I sometimes run two white 11" paddles on riggers with either a green hypnotist or a wrecked um fly (anything with green). Sometimes even if the riggers are not popping, this brings fish into the spread and everything starts to work.