Well it was my first weekend back up to Manistee salmon fishing and it turned out pretty good! Pre-fished Friday and had a great day catching some fish and some quality fish!! Fished down south towards Point Sable in 140 to 160 fow! The fish were deep so deep riggers and big dipseys were the ticket!!

Couple of kings from Friday!

0625101042.jpg

0625100800a.jpg

And a nice steelhead! They like meat rigs too!!!..LOL!!

0625100804.jpg

So Saturday morning (tournament day) we head south back to where we got them on Friday! Didnt hit nothing for the first 30 minutes then started going! Ended the day 13 for 18 and had just over 105lbs for our 10 fish for our first days weight putting us in 2nd place on the am side! Sunday morning came and we had a 2 hour weather delay and so by 8 the weather had cleared and we were back on the water! Head back to our area and things had changed! Temp cooled some and the nasty green water that was there had cleared up from the nw winds we had Saturday afternoon. Didnt hit nothing at first so I moved into some shallower water and had a double on high divers! Got both of them and hit another and missed a couple! Landed 1 more then nothing for the next 2 hours! A big storm poped up to the south so we just trolled north and nothing so I moved out o 190 fow and started marking a few. With only about 20 minutes to go the center deep rigger goes and its on, then the low diver goes and we have a double! Get both fish in with 10 minutes left to fish and we are pumped cause we know its been a tough bite for alot of people!

After all is said and done we end up comming in 2nd place in the am side and we end up winning the 333 event having over 48lbs with our 3 biggest fish!! My nephew on the Trout Scout won the pro side edging out Paul from Riverside!! So all in all it was a great day for the boats at Riverside marina!

Group pic of the Fish'N Machine group, the Trout Scout group and the Riverside group!

0627101659a.jpg

Check out this nasty junk in the water that was getting on our lines!!

0626101237.jpg

So all in all it was a great weekend and we won $2,000.00 to boot!

Scott

Congrats Scott. Great Job. :thumb: Unfortunitely the Riverside Marina luck didn't apply to slip #15.

We certainly didn't fair nearly as well as you guys did. Friday we did a lot of searching, and thought we found some fish down by the point as well, but they didn't like us Saturday morning. We went 0 for 3 down by the point, then left the area and headed North of Onekema. Ended up catching 5 up there, but was only able to turn in 3 of them due to their size. Sunday started off quick for us back at the point as we landed our 1st fish while setting lines, and then it slowed down big time. Once the 2nd storm started to show up, we headed back North and ended up going 5 for 8 for the day. Again we were only able to turn in 3 fish due to their length. Frustrating fishing weekend but definitely better then being at work. The company was great, the food was great, and the beverages weren't too bad either. I'll try to make sure to bring the Captain Morgan along next time.

Charlie

That is kind of surprising that they changed it this year to a 5 fish weigh in. I agree with you, I would rather see a 10 fish limit. Had better catch some big fish. We are going to be doing Ludington the weekend before and then I'm staying in Manistee for the week. I think the entire family is going to head up for the week, and I think we are going to camp it. Come the weekend the family is heading home, and the crew will either stay at the Riverside or the Lake shore. I like staying at the Riverside, but man it is a bit expensive. Either way there will be a bottle with your name on it.