planner boards and dipsys

Never tried it and i think if you did your gonna get way too much drag, the boards gonna run very hard or its never going to move out to the side like it should. You would be better off running leadcore, copper, or I like to use snapweights up to 8 ounces. Also you might want to look into a 40 jetdiver or a torpedo. These will all work and can get you down to the same depths as a standard dipsey but outside of your spread. good luck

I wouldnt do it. Just way too much drag. How would you ever trip the diver with an inline board if you just wanted to bring it in? It would be a total disaster, i would not advise it. They do it with the Big Jon Mini Disks, jet divers but theyre an all together different animal. As mentioned, save the boards for core, copper, snap wieghts, etc.

ahw come on guys,

I along with several others run dipsey's from the big boards all the time.

Thing is, you have to have them ALL set on the same settings. I usually run them on 1 or zero, and use a rubber band on the release clip. Works well and when you hit a fish, and all are on the same setting, you can bring that one line in and let the next one in line out to take it's place.

Example, run (4) dipsey's on board all on 1 setting back 125' middle line catches a fish, let in go to the rear and retrieve it, then let out the next dipsey on line to the place where the one just retrieved was.

Interesting Bill. I guess i hadn't thought about it that way on the big boards. OK, let's just say no on the inlines...right?

This is why i love this forum. So many different opinions and many that definitely think "outside the box" and are willing to try many different means of achieving the same goal....boing! Fish on!!

ahw come on guys,

I along with several others run dipsey's from the big boards all the time.

Thing is, you have to have them ALL set on the same settings. I usually run them on 1 or zero, and use a rubber band on the release clip. Works well and when you hit a fish, and all are on the same setting, you can bring that one line in and let the next one in line out to take it's place.

Example, run (4) dipsey's on board all on 1 setting back 125' middle line catches a fish, let in go to the rear and retrieve it, then let out the next dipsey on line to the place where the one just retrieved was.

What size dipesys are you running? Seems like youd get a really bad bow in the planer line pulling four #1's or Mags set on zero. Ecspecially with a mag ring on there. Im also curious as to what kind of planer boards your towing. Seems like youd need something with a rudder system to keep the line tight and the boards out to the side.

Reason i say that is we used to pull 6 lines a side with crawler rigs when i worked on the charter boat and we used a set of 48" long 1x10" boards with a rudder system to keep the bow outta 6 pas crawler connection rigs or inlines running at slow speeds of 1.0-1.5. It also kep the boards to the side and not lagging behind so much.

Interesting Bill. I guess i hadn't thought about it that way on the big boards. OK, let's just say no on the inlines...right?

This is why i love this forum. So many different opinions and many that definitely think "outside the box" and are willing to try many different means of achieving the same goal....boing! Fish on!!

Yes I was speaking of inline planer boards, it was only thinking outside of the box? for me to run dispys right now , I would have to pull my side riggers out.

Yes I could run more lead but there is a different action from the dipsys opposed to lead, with 3 people in the boat I run 4 leads, 4 riggers (2 side and 2 off the back corners)I could run one more rod and it would have to be either a dipsy with a 10'6" rod or change over on of my smaller dipsy rods to lead. I have to put some space between the side riggers and the dipsys to run it right.

Jim if you want to run 9 rods I would never eliminate your dipsey for 4 riggers. I would loose a rigger. The best 9 rod setup you can start your trip with is 3 riggers 2 dipseys, and 4 cores all on boards. This time of year out of Milwaukee I would run 5's, 7's, and 10's. With this setup you should be able to double up pretty often on some of the big kings in Milwaukee. Next time we get some west winds and the kings stack up in 40-50 feet put a #5 green ladder back J plug on a 3 color on your outside board and you should pound some big kings.

I run my dipseys on the big boards.

But, I do run jet divers on my in line boards, and they are very productive.

My big boards were homemade from cedar 1x10 x24"

No rudders on them, and they track very well.