Spin-N-Glo's

We ran 3 of them on a 3 foot leader behind a big tin can with a meat rig behind that. Killer! Used 50 pound flouro and crimps behind each spin 'n' glow. A little bit touch to reel in but if you want to stir stuff up on the bottom it is a pretty awesome rig. Actually a lot easier to reel in then cowbells. I guess you could run a fly behind it all or even a spoon. If that is not in the cards for you try spin 'n' glow, one bead and a treble.

Metal Dodgers and Lakers go hand and hand, up here with Spin-n-Glows or Peanuts a short lead form the dodger works best for us, like 16" short.. We've been doing well with a 8" shiney sliver Flodger and a glow peanut.

If your using the Big spin-n-glows you need to get the hook away for the body of it, couple 8mm beads or a 8mm 10mm glowand another 8mm.. Works for us..

• 2 weeks later...

We do very well with the Hammerhead cowbell and a med. size spin-n-glow w/ 4 beads between hook and spinner about 27" behind.

BTW: Why do they call it a spin-n-glow if most of them don't glow? Should it be a spin-n-GO instead?

• 8 months later...

Ok old question but I have to ask something.

I plan on running cowbells and Spin-n-Glo's this year, looking for a big laker.

I've made my own cowbells, which are 27 inches long, and planned on running the large Spin-n-Glo's behind them Originally my thought was to attach the cowbells directly to the 3 way swivel and then run the Spin-n-Glo 24 inches behind that. Is that too close?

Should I run a longer leader between the cowbells and peanuts? Should I NOT attach the cowbells directly to the three way swivel and run a 3 to 4 foot leader from the swivel to the cowbells?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank all.

Ok old question but I have to ask something.

I plan on running cowbells and Spin-n-Glo's this year, looking for a big laker.

I've made my own cowbells, which are 27 inches long, and planned on running the large Spin-n-Glo's behind them Originally my thought was to attach the cowbells directly to the 3 way swivel and then run the Spin-n-Glo 24 inches behind that. Is that too close?

Should I run a longer leader between the cowbells and peanuts? Should I NOT attach the cowbells directly to the three way swivel and run a 3 to 4 foot leader from the swivel to the cowbells?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank all.

Now cowbells are a different story than running a dodger. Clip the cowbells directly to your main line with a good quality snap swivel. the 16 to 24 inches is all you need to your hook directly attached to the cowbells. With a dodger you are looking for the dodger to put the action to the spion n glo moving from side to side. cowbells just spin in a straight line basically and impart no action to the spin n glo. A dodger if the lead is to short then the spin n glo whips wildly. if to long you loose action. For dodgers the best method is three time the length of the dodger.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been ordering direct. They now off everything they make on their website not just corkies and spin n glos. You can download the entire catalog and figure out what colors you want before going to the order site which has very little info on it.

If you order by tomorrow night they have free shipping on orders over 25 bucks right now. Prices on spin n glos and peanuts are in line with the bait shops.

http://www.yakimabait.com/