HELP radio problems

im having an issue with my ship to shore it receives good but i cant transmit. ive been told twice that they can hear me key the mic but no sound. ive tested 2 differant mics besides mine and nothing so i know its not the mic.i was wondering if there is two differant wires in the antena one to send and one two receive and the send wire might be broke. or is there something in the radio box messed up thks in advace for your info

Actually, there are 2 different wires to your antenna (coax) but they are not seperate receive and transmit. One is a wire braid that acts as a shield and ground and the other (a copper wire surrounded by foam insulation) that transmits the electrical signal to the antenna. My guess would be that you probably have a bad (broken) wire in your mic cord. Try transmitting and wiggling the mic cord and see if that makes any difference or if you have a multi meter check all wires for continuity doing the wiggle test. You will probably find the break near where the cord exits the mic or the plug at the radio. If that is the case just cut it off paying attention to which color wire goes to which terminal and resolder.

Good Luck