Currents and fish catching

Has anyone ever had one of those days when rods on only one side of the boat will fire, then when you make the turn to troll the opposite direction the rods on the other side start to fire? This has happened numerous times to us and I am starting to think that it has to be current pushing the spread on one side closer, or under the boat, and pushing the spread on the other away from the boat. Heard from one charter captain that he has proven that he catches more fish from the side with the motor he is trolling with that day. Do you all believe there is anything to all this, or is it just sh*thouse luck?

Not luck at all. Currents may well enter into it. Have you ever perch fished and one side of the boat was far better than the other? I think in waters up 40 ft the suns reflection off a boat is also a factor. Reflection is greater on lighter colored boats. I know fishermen that pay attention to clothing color when fishing shallow.:)

you know I geuss i never thought about that but it makes sense ,I think the days when we get bite on the entire set up we troll into the current and other times when we troll cross curent it does seem like we only get one side to work ,its worth watching , Thanks for the idea. jimmy