June 14th,15th,16th and 17th Reports

100_1161_edit_3.jpg

My last few trips have been a real rollercoaster as far as finding active fish. Monday's 5 hour trip was so-so. The wind was terrible, but we ended up landing 5 keeper walleye. Pretty much the exact same deal on Tuesday with 5 keeper walleye on that 5 hour trip. Wednesday's 5 hour trip was the worst of the year. Got out there to find the water temperature had dropped down to 57 degrees. Finally found some warmer water at another of my "go-to" spots, but the dirty water had left, and so did the fish! Ended up with only one keeper. Yesterday started out pretty slow too with thick fog and flat calm conditions. But the sun finally broke through the clouds and the wind kicked up. Once the wind kicked in, the fish started feeding almost immediately. Ended up with 4 really nice pike (largest about 40") and 6 "eater" walleye. Good luck on the water folks...

Thanks for the reports Ken. I follow them quite closely because I am going to up there July 24th to Aug. 1st with my Dad and brother. We have never been up there before so I am looking for some pointers.