Fished the Nee Hi with Fishwhisperer(Randy) and my buddy Dustan. Dustan's 1st time ever on Lk Michigan was a little bumpier than the 1' or less but we managed.:D Ended up 5 for 7 with 3 kings and 2 lakers. One lost laker just behind boat. Biggest was 14# king on a 300' copper with a MS Flounder Pounder. Caught fish on 250' copper, 6 color, and 9 color and wire dipsy out 120. Variety of colors took fish. 120 to 150 fow was best. Rookie got to reel in the first two with his first being a 10+lb king and then another on the wire. He is hooked;) . A fun night as always on the Nee Hi.:grin::ps-003:

6-14Sh.jpg

6-14SH.jpg

Good job guys. Did you go straight out from the piers or south? I'm trying to talk my husband into going tomorrow night. I haven't been salmon fishing in a month...and I really need to get out. Hopefully I can talk him into going to S.H instead of Muskegon.

Good job guys. Did you go straight out from the piers or south? I'm trying to talk my husband into going tomorrow night. I haven't been salmon fishing in a month...and I really need to get out. Hopefully I can talk him into going to S.H instead of Muskegon.

We stared out a little to the north with no luck. We picked all of our fish up straight out and slightly to the south.

Rookie brings one in on a wire diver.What did he think of the battle? .

Unfortunately it one was one of the Lakers (6 3/4 lbs.). But it is the best one of the best rigs to catch a Laker on and still feel the fish on IMO. The laker was tagged. Know we just need to find a place in SW MI to drop it off.:confused: