July 17 and 18 Manistee

Well I'm going to try and get this started a little earlier this time.

This is the official sign up thread for the July outing.

I'm going to do it the same as the last one, I will get in town on Friday afternoon and maybe fish that evening and Saturday and Sunday morning.

Also there will be a blue gill fry for whoever would be interested or is staying at the campground, that brings up another question , does any one know of a good family type campground that is near the ramp with a fish cleaning area.

And as stated every time before this, this is not a tournament, it is a meet and greet type of get together so that you and I can meet a few more members and share a few ideas and help each other out on the lake to try and catch a BUNCH OF FISH.:thumb:

Well with all of that said who is in?:)

Insta Launch is a good site to camp, I have camped there. Most of the people with larger boats that camp there launch at the City launch near the mouth of the River. Manistee lake has a lot of shallow areas and it's a ways to the river mouth. I'd compare conditions similar to Snug Harbor at Muskegon. Trust me, Launch at the City Launch.:)

Insta Launch is a good site to camp, I have camped there. Most of the people with larger boats that camp there launch at the City launch near the mouth of the River. Manistee lake has a lot of shallow areas and it's a ways to the river mouth. I'd compare conditions similar to Snug Harbor at Muskegon. Trust me, Launch at the City Launch.:)

Amen to that.

its a good campground but like frank said there launch has some shallow areas to cross to get to the big water.we should be there at least one day.hope to meet some of you there:thumb:

InstaLaunch is a nice campground, but if your boat drafts 3' of water or more you will want to launch at the municiple launch near the channel. They do have some slips there as well and a tackle shop (with just about everything) on site.

• 2 weeks later...

We are staying fri thru suday at insta launch on site 65. If our big boat is out of the shop we will be good to go in any weather. If its not we are bring up our small walleye rig. I hope to get to meet a few of you guys and learn a little if I can. We stayed there last year in september and fished the lake. It was about 30min - 45 min to the pier heads by water. We will be launching at the ramp from now on.

Steve

Just out of curiosity what time do you guys head for the lake. I usually like to be out in the dark and set up in the daylight (walleye). Or should I be fishing before light. And if any of you guys fish friday night what time should I head out. I was thinking if setting lines Around 5 and being back to the ramp around dark.

Thanks Steve

Just out of curiosity what time do you guys head for the lake. I usually like to be out in the dark and set up in the daylight (walleye). Or should I be fishing before light. And if any of you guys fish friday night what time should I head out. I was thinking if setting lines Around 5 and being back to the ramp around dark.

Thanks Steve

Hey Steve, I personly like to set up just before dawn for exam so that we can fish about 15 to 20 min in the dark. Also I am going to try and fish friday evening and would like to set lines around 5.:)

Thanks.I'll have to get in touch at the campground if we can our site is just across the trail from yours.

Steve

Heck yes thats what this is all about meeting some new members, also did I mention that there will be a big blue gill fry satreday afternoon when we all get back in from the lk.