South Haven - 12 June

Fished out of South Haven with Mark(Just Hook'n), my brother Terry, his friend Josh, and my two sons. We left the dock at 5:40am, and fished till 11:00. We ended up 8 for 9(4 chinook, 1 coho, and 3 lake trout), and lost the one because the leader between the diver and the flasher broke. Looks like there was a bad spot on the line. :(

We fished 95-125FOW, and caught are fish from 60-90' down.

Are fished came on the following set ups.

Stinger prochip 8' Super Frog with a Siggs Rigs Aqua Lime Glow pulse fly on a wire diver set on 1.5 with 150' of line out. This is the combo we lost. :(

Stinger hotchip 11" double pearl fish scale with a Siggs Rigs Brushed Stainless trophy fly on a wire diver set on 1.5 with 150' of line out.

Down rigger set at 90' with a Stinger hotchip 11" double pearl fish scale with a Siggs Rigs Brushed Stainless trophy fly went 3 times.

Stingray size Carmel Dolphin on a fixed slider parked 10' above the ball on a downrigger set at 60'.

Stingray size Blue Dolphin on the rigger parked at 60' went once.

Stingray size "GLF" on a down rigger parked at 70' went twice.

The water temp down 60' was 55 degrees. At 70' it was 48 degrees.

This was Josh's first time salmon fishing.

josh.jpg

My brother with a small chinook.

photo_473141.jpg

My brother with a 15lb lake trout.

laketrout1.jpg

I thought this lake trout was pushing 20lbs when I first put it in the cooler. Then I remembered I was using the smaller of my two coolers, and decided to put it on the scale.

6 of the 8 we caught today.

catch_126276.jpg