Planer boards

Church Walleye Board. For the longer coppers you may have to move the weight forward. you may end up going to all of one brand or another. Most of the brands run different in the water so mixing brands can be a little tricky.

The only difference between the SST and regular yellow Off Shore is rear attachment I converted all my Off Shore boards to SST a couple years ago. However I am going to run a Lot more Z Boards they pull my gear better. I am looking forward to my Steelhead program running the Z Boards.

I don't have the email from Bruce anymore as i had emailed him a while back with the same question. Both boards are the same sxcept the yellow one comes with different releases and attachement for point for the rear release. Offshore decided to change due to churches signature orange board, and offshores signature yellow, and didnt want people confusing the two companies products. I talked to a couple different people on the z boards and may consider some in the future. i have too many of the offshores 5 sets to consider changing out any now.

on my website is a link to Z boards I will talk about them here but not post their website since Off Shore is a sponsor and I still like them but the Z Boards work better on the heavy stuff. Off Shore has talked about building a slightly bigger board for a while Z Boards makes one now. I have 5 sets of Off Shore and will soon have 4 sets of Z Boards. The Z Boards really pull out to the side and you can tune them pretty easy. I will get some more pics of the Z Boards running with my Off Shore stuff but one of the pics I posted here shows my Z Board running over 200 ft out from the boat and way ahead of the Off Shore board that was about 125 or so from the boat. The further forward they run the wider they get. The Off Shore and Church boards look like a bunch of ducks in a V pattern I can get my Z Boards to nearly run straight out from the side of the boat.

I picked up a set of Zboards at the grand rapids show this winter. Like Jim said, they will out pull anything else I put out. I originally bought them to pull copper, but they pull so hard even with 300' of copper they were trying to pass my Walleye boards on the outside of them. So now I have these nice strong pulling boards pulling a 3 color and a 5 color on the other side. This will have to work untill I can get another set or two of them.

Another attaboy for Z Boards!

I have always used Church boards and last weekend ran both Church and Z Boards. The Z's pull faster and harder, no question.

However, I still view that plastic plug connection to hold it on your line as a minus. We had some trouble with it wanting to pop out, and I was only running 5 colors.

I had some trouble with mine as well you might need to bend the arm up a bit I changed releases thinking it was a release issue but if the arm is too low they will dive and pop the release. Once I bent the arm up slightly the problem went away. It does not take much adjustment to tune them it was less than a 1/4 in up to fix mine I am going to tune each one for a couple of setups and label them. Also you can order them without releases and use whatever you want on them.

Another attaboy for Z Boards!

However, I still view that plastic plug connection to hold it on your line as a minus. We had some trouble with it wanting to pop out, and I was only running 5 colors.

Takes a little practice with those releases to get them just right. once you get used to them they are quick and easy to set, hold well in rough water when pulling extreme lengths of copper and affordable when you accidently step on one. There are the snapper releases out by off shore but at 10-15 bucks a piece i'll stay with those for 3-4 bucks a piece. I hate the release on the walleye baords as they won't hold much. a lot of guys turn the backwards so they dont release, but i want them to release. that way i am fighting the fish not the board and the fish.