Lead core

Well I took the plunge and bought 2 lead core rods and reels, here is my question for you , I don't have any planner boards how should I run these. They are 7 color.Straight out the back ? on a rigger down deep? I have 2 riggers on the back of my boat and 2 off the side. right now I am running 2 dipsys per side. I was thinking of running them off the back riggers with the ball at 60 . Fishing in 90 to 130 fow. As of right now I am completing my arsenal just have to get new rod holders to replace the plastic scottys .

You should by some boards to get the most out of the core rods, you can run one down the shute, But for the most part it's a tangle waiting to happen when you hit a bigger fish off the riggers.. I think Franks has church boards on sale ofor about $19. well worth the investment..

Yea dont run your lead off your riggers, the point of lead is to fish higher water farther away from the boat. Invest in a couple of boards. Thats your best bet. A chute rod works well depending on how well your crew works together. Remember, don't clip your boards to your leadcore, it'll wear extremely fast and you'll end up breaking off fish right at the board losing the lead that was behind it. :(

I second get the boards, small investment and will save you a lot of grief and increase your catch. I use the orange churchs boards and they work well for me. I set my clickers on and light drags so any strike is heard as well as seen when the board slides back behind the boat. I run as many as 4 boards per side depending on what the fish want.

I agree get two planner boards, that will get those two lines away from the boat.

I haven't tried them yet but the Z-Boards look nice, what ever brand you choose don't buy the smaller boards spend the extra few bucks and get the larger ones that will preform better in the waves.

It would be good to keep the back of the boat open for landing fish, thus skipping the lead out the shoot.

J.J.

Picked up some church walleye boards just not sure if I have the set up right, rod was bouncing quite a lot pulling them through the water, had a pretty good chop .are the rods suppose to do this or am I doing something wrong?

JIm

The rods will bounce around a lot. No big deal. The best way to tell if you have a fish on one is to keep your drag set light. When a fish hits you will be able to hear the clicker. Another way to tell is that the board will usually start pulling funny. If it's a good fish it will usually go inside toward the middle of the boat.

Picked up some church walleye boards just not sure if I have the set up right, rod was bouncing quite a lot pulling them through the water, had a pretty good chop .are the rods suppose to do this or am I doing something wrong?

JIm

Slide the weight on the underside forward to + 1 or +1.5.

This should help the board from skipping.