Walleye 4 man limit 6-8-10 AuGres

Tom T (TallTails). Paul R (Paperboy), John C (Crawdad), and I fished AuGres. 31-33 FOW BB and harnesses. We launched at 7:00 AM and was pulling line before 9:00 AM. It took slightly less than an hour and a half with lines in the water to take 25 keepers. Five keepers were farmed. Red, Purple, and glows were doing the job. Gitter Done. This was Crawdads first trip on the Priority1. It was a pleasure to meet another board member and fisherman. Gotta Luv Dat Bay. We are truly blessed to have all these Great Lakes in our back yards. I feel so good every time I'm able to step aboard a boat.:)

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/gallery/files/8/7/walleye_augres_6-8-10.jpg' alt='walleye_augres_6-8-10.jpg'>

Good job Frank. Quick question for you and the other walleye guys. How did you decide to fish out deep in the 30-33' water that you have been in the lat few days? I'm still trying to figure out how you decide what areas to fish. Hoping to hit the Bay up after the back is better. Thanks.

Good job Frank. Quick question for you and the other walleye guys. How did you decide to fish out deep in the 30-33' water that you have been in the lat few days? I'm still trying to figure out how you decide what areas to fish. Hoping to hit the Bay up after the back is better. Thanks.

I usually return to the scene of the crime. I always check way point 160 before going anyplace else. If I don't mark fish it's plan B, C, D. If they are not deep they may be shallow. 33 FOW is not the deepest we fish. It's not much different from salmon fishing. You need to stay tuned to water temps, hatches, storms, etc. A lot of boats were fishing the same depths, but most of the time we didn't have a boat within a mile of us. I think most of the boats were taking fish. I like to have fun but I take fishing seriously. I try and cover all the bases. I have fished the Saginaw Bay since I was old enough to hold a perch rod. I fished walleye on the bay since the early 80s. From past experience I know how the fishing progresses. The fish can humble any of us at any given time. I know! long answer for a quick question.:)

Today was easy because we had a very capable crew. It does make a difference.:)

I guess that's what I am struggling with on the walleye Frank. I know how to narrow down the search when salmon fishing but don't really know what to key on when fishing for walleye. When I head over I'm just driving around hoping to find fish. I'm the first one to admit that I don't know anything about walleye fishing. But I'd like to do a little more of it since I live closer to the Bay than I do Lake Michigan. Plus, soon I will be working in the area. I just try to read the reports you guys post in hopes of learning a few things. Are there specific temps, structure or other things that you try to target at certain times of the year or just go back to where you caught fish the year before? Thanks for the help.

Had a great time today on board Priority1. It was nice to finally meet Frank and participate in the system. Frank runs a tight ship. The rest of the crew was also very accomodating. I think i beat Tom over the head with everything in the boat at one point or another, and he just smiled and kept on fishing.:grin: I'll be back up on fathers day weekend, and look to see ya again, Frank. Thanks for the good time. CDAD

I guess that's what I am struggling with on the walleye Frank. I know how to narrow down the search when salmon fishing but don't really know what to key on when fishing for walleye. When I head over I'm just driving around hoping to find fish. I'm the first one to admit that I don't know anything about walleye fishing. But I'd like to do a little more of it since I live closer to the Bay than I do Lake Michigan. Plus, soon I will be working in the area. I just try to read the reports you guys post in hopes of learning a few things. Are there specific temps, structure or other things that you try to target at certain times of the year or just go back to where you caught fish the year before? Thanks for the help.

You have your go to way points at every port. I mentioned way point 160. The last two years I circled that way point and when the fish stopped hitting I'd head E pick up another 2 FOW and bang the rest of a limit. This year is different. I started there marked fish trolled S and kept marking and catching. The Sonar is the main tool. Ya can't catch what isn't there. There isn't much structure in most parts of the bay. If you find slight changes the fish may relate to them. Some of the guys I fished with have my old LMS 350 completely loaded with wpts. I seldom look at them or need to mark any more. A lot of it is GUT and I have a big one.:grin: