6-2/6-6 the good bad and downright ugly.

the good:

We got down to sterling and get everything all set up. thursday morning my dad me and some of his friends went out with a family friend who runs a charter boat. with 7 guys on board between 6 and 10 am we took a seven man limit.

figured out the program from Jerry and then we rigged to go out.

went out twice friday 10 in the morning and 7 in the evening. almost a 4 man limit. saturday another five fish, it was really slow compared to friday.

the bad:

saturday night decided not to fish cause of weather. They were broadcasting bad weater and decided not to take a chance.

the downright ugly:

midnight the tornado sirens went off. DNR was running around the park telling everyone to take cover. we left and went to my Aunts house about 7 minutes away. tornado went south of us and almost though the twon that my wifes family lives in in ohio.

They were saying the worst was yet to come. 3 am it hit. winds rain lightning. 3:30 it was over and we decided to try and get back to the camper and get some sleep. The whold campgrounds was up not a tent standing awnings ripped off campers. figured i would check on the boat in the morning. 8 am left for brest bay marina. trees down everywhere. Got to the marina to devastation. one boat a 30 + chris craft was rolled right over off the dry dock system fuel running everywhere. boat was destroyed. another 30 + jack stands on one side were just crushed boat was on its side. i got to my boat and it looked like it had a tree on top of it branches leaves and other crap. started digging out. luckily i had tied a couple extra lines on before the storm to secure it better. The owner of the marina came over to see what kind of damage my boat sustained. luckily it was just the marine antenna bracket that broke. he helped me clean up and then a little while later came back with a replacement and didn't charge me for it. he said it was a good thing i had the extra lines as the boats that didn't all had some form of damage. they were out taking pictures and helping people get with their insurance. Jerry said that his trailer shifted and started blowing toward the canal and they were afraid of being blown into the canal. Chip cartwright said it was the worst roller coaster ride of his life trying to sllep in the boat and being awoke by the storm. One camper there had a tree come down right across the back and destroy the camper. National guard was called in to dundee to help out as a tornado went through there. i have a couple short videos and have to get them up loaded and then i will link them here to youtube. I'll get that done tomorrow. i am kind of tired after not sleeping last night.

Holy crap! Glad everyone made it out alright and that everyone was safe. Sounds like a scary trip..

My thoughts exactly!

Glad to hear you and your family are safe.

Material things are easy to replace!

the way the wind was blowing is is probably half way to canada now. it was unbelievable out there. Very scarry and i hope to God that i never go through anything like that again. ANything not tied down was blown away. I was more concerned about our saftey when the rangers came around. my mom dad wife and 2 year old were all in the camper. Before the rangers came around i was walking to the bathroom as i saw a large crowd after the sirens blew. when i heard what the officer was saying i ran back to the camper woke my wife and mom and had my dad run out and get the truck running. i grabbed even and we went as fast as possible to my aunts. we got there just as the first storm hit. Then the second storm was coming in three hours and that was a bigger and worst one. we went into the basement for that one can camped out for half an hour. when we came up there were trees down everywhere. the house directly behind my aunts had a huge tree come down on it and destroy the house. it was really scarry.

Now a few days later we recieved some information. A ladys husband my wife worked with in ohio was killed in the storm. and the minister and friend of the family that married me and my wife his daughter and grandson were killed. Also in the ohio tornado. Still trying to get in touch with a couple people down there.