Weird Flasher...

Hey guys, I bought a flasher at a yard sale for a buck, when I opened the package it looks to be rigged different than what ive seen before. Instead of a swivel on both sides, it has one swivel on the front and a hole that a plastic piece fits into. My question is, how do you rig it?! Thanks in advance for the reply...

Hey guys, I bought a flasher at a yard sale for a buck, when I opened the package it looks to be rigged different than what ive seen before. Instead of a swivel on both sides, it has one swivel on the front and a hole that a plastic piece fits into. My question is, how do you rig it?! Thanks in advance for the reply...

A pic might help!

There is no name on the flasher at all. I'm working on the pic right now, just taking some time for my phone to send it to email so I can upload it.

It came with a leader that has a barrel swivel on one side, some sort of snap swivel on the other. In the middle there is a piece of crimped on that stops a large bead in the middle of it.

first one didnt work, lets see if this one does...

photo.jpg

the other side that you are unable to see looks mostly like a normal flasher with a barrel swivel with another ring attached that is just smaller than the bead that is pictured

Well Adam, it makes me feel better that I am not the only one that is scratching my head. The only reasoning behind the plastic tab I can come up with is that it will pop out of the flasher if a fish hits and will create less drag when fighting a fish...But I still have no idea how to rig it to make it roatate! haha

Well we think alike. I thought the same thing. Works like a pin popper release. Its always comforting to know your not alone in the dark...lol

Im sure someone will go..."oh yeah, thats a so and so flasher, and your rig it like this and..." LMAO

I have not rigged it up yet, but it seems to me there is a good chance that the line that goes along it could get tangled or fouled up and would not run right...I guess I'll have to go catch a fish on it to see if an inline flasher really causes that much drag in the water...

Yup break away flasher, bout 2 at a going out of business sale last year for 3 bucks a pop. Here I thought I score and 11 incher for a steal only to get home an realize I now had to turn around and get my flasher everytime I land one....no thanks. I had planned on punching a whole for a permanant split ring and seeing if it had a decent action.

well I've rigged it up and I believe I have it the same way that the diagram shows on the website and it seems to me that there there is no way for the fish to trip it. The way the crimped metal is in the middle of the leader makes the flasher be pushed all the way back. In order for it to be tripped the flasher would have to somehow be pushed forward on the line and as far as I know is not going to happen...anyone else have any imput? I am just as confused as when I didn't know what the heck it was...haha