Lastnight was another good night of fishing. Launched the boat around 10:15pm and headed south again. Water temp had cooled 5 degrees and most only had one or 2 fish. It seemed that most of the traffic was centered around the west end of the reef to grass island. We decided to head the the east end to stay away from all the people. Good decision. We ended the night at 12:30 with our 15 fish and a cat to boot. We got one real nice one tipping the scales at 8.6lbs and just over 27 inches. This fish was absolutely jam packed full of gobies. Again everything came on body baits right on the reef.

0603100201b.jpg

walleye2.jpg

Nice job TJ! What kind of body baits? Deep divers? Husky jerks? Storms? I 've just added a few more body baits to my arsenal and am looking to implement them in the spread...:thumb:

To be honest fishing during the day is a waste of time. The water is sooooooooooooooooooooooo clear here. Its nothing to see bottom in 60 plus feet of water. Priority1 may be able to give a little insight on that. People try, but not to much avail. When they're stacked in close to grass island They can be caught during the day. Some of our best walleye tournament guys struggle to catch more than one or two in a whole days worth of fishing.

• 3 weeks later...
To be honest fishing during the day is a waste of time. The water is sooooooooooooooooooooooo clear here. Its nothing to see bottom in 60 plus feet of water. Priority1 may be able to give a little insight on that. People try, but not to much avail. When they're stacked in close to grass island They can be caught during the day. Some of our best walleye tournament guys struggle to catch more than one or two in a whole days worth of fishing.

HhhMMMM!!! You can catch fish in clear water!! I just did it last weekend north of Au Gres and I have a buddy that fishes Thunder Bay alot and he said they did really good last weekend in a tournament they had up there and he said there were alot of fish caught!! Oh and it was daytime!!:thumb:

Scott

Lots of fish to be caught in Alpena. All day long. The tournament results from last weekend were outstanding. It was a 7am-3pm tournament. We went through over 20 walleye from 2-3.5 pounds. We weighed about 17 pounds for our best 5 and I bet we didn't make the top 10. Lots of weights between 15-18 pounds. 27 pounds was the winner.

Yes yes, i hate to admit it but Alpena is producing its best ever day time walleye right now. Its hard to keep it a secret. Partridge point, right on the flats are where most fish are being caught. The tournament weighed in over 300 total fish. A record for a daytime tournament out of Alpena. These fish are on the small side, having to actually sort through a few. Thats something thats pretty uncommon in our neck of the woods. Several tagged fish have been caught, including 3 last weekend alone. Crawler harness are producing most of the fish, including the "new" Dream weaver worm burners.