Cannon Digitrol Help

Anybody have any ideas on how to get the covers off my Digitrols. I need to replace the power cables but have run into a road block with the covers. I would send them in but I have my Dad coming up in a week and dont want to fish Lakers with my manuals!! Any thoughts or insite would be great. Thanks in advance!!

I have had the covers off and they do not come off easy.They use urethane to seal the covers.I may not have spelled that right.If you put a screw driver in the cover where the power cord is,you can put pressure on the cover at that point.The screwdriver should be against the gear box on the drive motor.After that,just carefully work your way around the cover with another screwdriver.Do not put the second screwdriver inside the cover very far.Don't put the second screwdriver inside the cover more that 1/4" when you are working around the cover to get it loose.I used black RV sealant to seal the cover back on.Where did you find the power cords?I found them very hard to come by.

Thanks for the tips Capt. Im fairly handle with tools but this one had me stumped. As far as the power cords go I dont recall where they came from. My brother remembered a box of "stuff" that we had in the basement, thought that there may be cords in there and sure enough, they were. Again thank you for the help, I guess that its time to get to work.

Capt_Bruce, Just got the first cover off. I scored the inside of the cover some more with a razor knife. Then very gently pryed it off. A little nerve racking at first. After this first one it should go fairly quick. You would think that Cannon would have used better materials, but from what I understand they have worked these problems out with the newer models. Again many thanks!!

Hi Capt. The reason that I had to get the covers off,was to change the cables.The cables were hard as a rock.I bought the riggers at a yard sale and put the up for latter.When I got them out to use,I bent the power cable and the insulation just cracked and fell off the wire.I am in the process of changing the cables out with something else.