Lake Trout 5-26-10 TYVM (TWILL)

Tom (TallTails) and I had the pleasure of fishing with TJ (TWILL) and Kevin out of RockPort. These two guys are charter captain material. We were into Lakers just a few minutes from launching the boat. We took 11 Lakers out of the cold RockPort water. The surface temp first thing in the morning was in the mid 40s. A HUGE THANKS to TJ, Kevin and TJ's father Frank. TJ's dad could fillet fish as fast as any pro I have seen. I was willing to help, but quickly realized I would only slow him down.:) Frank W. is a retired Ford prototype expert. He built a custom 3 wheel motorcycle that is beyond words.

tjtwilland_tomtalltails.jpg

A big THANKS to TJ (Twill) and Kevin for a wonderfull time fishing out of Rockport. It was a great day with great people and we also caught fish. Also a big THANKS to Frank, TJ's dad, a true master of a filet knife. Just an all around pleasant expierance.

It was great having you guys come up for a trip. The fish began a little on the smaller side having to return i think 4 or 5 undersized to begin the morning. It was the first time all week we had to return fish because they were undersized. But then again when have lake trout ever been early risers? :P These fish have been about average, 6-8 lbs. The larger is in the 14 range. Believe it or not that fish was caught on that can, and i sell those for 20 cents a piece. haha.

Fishing continues to be steller right now, and as the fish move out into deeper waters numbers will increase, although size will decrease. But heck who cares it's fun anyways.

Unfortunetly, now i am back to work in Pennsylvania and wont be doing any fishing in the area for at least a month or two, but when i do make it back i welcome anyone here to come experience some of the best lake huron has to offer.