Took the good with the bad this morning. It was borderline to venture out in the thick pea soup fog without radar, but I stuck with what electronics I had on the boat and got out and in safely. Fishing was hotter than hell as we boated 27 fish, 16 pink salmon, 1 coho salmon, and 10 lake Trout. Had 4 boys on the boat from 12-17 years of age and they all had a ball as by the end of the morning they were spotting the hits, reeling in the fish, unhooking them, bleeding them, and setting the rods back. 2 riggers near the bottom with trout baits, 4 dypsys with greasy chicken wing spin doctor and gold flys and mixed veggie spoons, and stinger spoons in the gold and red variety on 2 and 3 colors of lead. Set lines around 7ish and pulled lines around 11ish. On a sadder note, not long after I pulled the boat from the water, the coasties were responding to mayday from a dive boat where one diver was having complicaptions down 130' on the Dundenburg. Haven't head a confirmed report but uncusseful cpr on the way and a very blue colored man, things didn't look very good. Ambulance was waiting at the launch when the coast guard made it back in. Like I said visibility was all on 0.1 of a mile when I made it in. really have to appreciate the dedication these young men risk their lives and in unfortunate times. Tommorow morning will be another day for the Top Dog as I have a feeling I will be getting a late start with some woman aboard.

Now thats an awesome report right there. Way to go getting the youth involved and they did a fine job by the sounds of it. It dont get any better than that....That unfortunate to hear about that diver. Not a good weekend on the great lakes with the Manistee incident.