No luck for us this afternoon. Dragged 2 and 3 colours with Michael Jackson, Blue Dolphin, Pink Panties, Caramel Corn, etc.... with no luck. Had most of the same running on riggers at the same time anywhere from 20 - 70 feet. The wind was high and we didn't venture to far out.

Next time!

where abouts where you fishing steve ?

As a newbie with a wife on board, we stayed in the sheltered channel around the slag dock. You probably saw us in an 18ft bowrider with riggers on the back. (I went shopping for a fishing boat with my wife.... and ended up with a family boat.)

How did you make out yesterday?

Where did you fish?

Last week we got fish trolling from the Green Can out to the Light House, then over to the Red Marker, back to the Red Bell. most of the fish we got where near the top of the breaks 70-40 fow. 5 color, rigger set at 25-30, and a torpedo weight set 20-25' down. Didn't make a difference which spoon was down.

You local Steve or just up visiting ?

We fished the green side past the lighthouse, then down past the second red can, did that twice, it was pretty bumpy the first time. We hit 4 fish, all by the red can(closest to the lighthouse), 1 shaker we let go, one 8.5lb Atlantic, one 2-3lb Atlantic, then lost something pretty nice on a 1/2 core. The core rods have been doing about 90% of the damage since we started this spring, 1 color thu a 1/2 core, with if I had to pick more than likely a 2 and 3 color. but that will change this coming week I'm sure with the hot weather.... Now all we need is the bloody wind to stop blowing again.. :thumb:

I'm from Sault Ont. It's only 1+ hours to get to DeTour and your fishing report from last week had us hungry. If the wind is low tomorrow, I hope to try Goulais Bay north of here. It's wide open Superior there so you have to pick your day.