Port Sheldon May 16 evening

Finally able to get out on my first trip of the year. Met my buddy at 5:00 at the launch and took off. We washed lures for 3 hours fishing between 90 - 140 FOW. We marked a couple of fish in 116 FOW at different times. About 8:30 someone turned on the switch, and we were into fish starting off with 2 doubles. It was a bit of a fire drill as fish were flopping on the deck while we battled another. After an hour, we headed back to port.

We ended up 6 for 8 fishing 105 - 115 FOW. When the fish turned on, color didn't seem to matter as we had an assortment in the water. Most fish came on a south troll, but that wasn't the only direction that worked. Most came on regular sized spoons. Rigger 61 down. Rigger 75 down with 2 colors of lead. Wire dipsey w/ mag ring 125 out set on 1 with white spin doctor and UV fly.

Largest fish might be 10 lbs, all kings.

As Mark (Gone Fishin') posted above, we did have a great trip Sunday, especially the last hour when all the fish bit. Totally enjoyed being back out on the big lake getting a fishing lesson from my pardner. Here's a pic of him holding a couple of the kings.

picture.php?albumid=122&pictureid=268

Planning do a lot more of it soon.